Social Media integration

Sumit Pallakhe

Feb 23, 2016, 4:24:58 AM2/23/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,
    Is there any way to integrate social media with HIPPO CMS?

Jasper Floor

Feb 23, 2016, 4:45:45 AM2/23/16
to Hippo Community
You'll need to be more specific.

This will be mostly custom work however. I don't believe there is an active social media plugin. AFAIK there is also no generic way to approach this. Each service has their own urls, apis...you'll want to apply for test accounts as well. Not to mention you actually want to send them your own content.

You could have a component that puts the content to be pushed on the request and then use that on a template to build the url. You can make this as static or configurable as you want depending on your current needs and what you anticipate will happen in the future.

mvg,
Jasper

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Sumit Pallakhe

Feb 23, 2016, 7:41:53 AM2/23/16
to Hippo Community
hey,
      I am refering http://www.onehippo.com/en/channel-control page , also the  white paper Hippo___Social_Channels___A_Content_Management_Imperative_EN.
I want to know what is social channels in Hippo and how they works.
is there any difference between social media integration and social channels?

thanks & regards,
sumit

Jasper Floor

Feb 23, 2016, 8:21:33 AM2/23/16
to Hippo Community
Social media and social channels are interchangeable. If you want to differentiate you could say social media is more the company or product while social channel is your instance.

I still don't understand what you want to know. Yes you can integrate social media, set up social channels...however you want to say it. How you set that up is dependent on your requirements.

mvg,
Jasper

Sumit Pallakhe

Feb 24, 2016, 1:40:46 AM2/24/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Jasper

I still don't understand what you want to know.
Basically, I wanted to understand more about social channel, as i'm fairly new to hippo and have no idea how things would work when it comes to social media/channels. I came across a whitepaper published on your website:  Hippo___Social_Channels___A_Content_Management_Imperative_EN
How you set that up is dependent on your requirements
1. We want to enable logging in with facebook.
2. We want to share the documents/content from the CMS
3. We want to share the content from the website

Just wanted some pointers on what role does social channel manager play in all this.

Also, do we have to use the facebook/twitter APIs to implement all this or is there a pre-configured("Out of the box") functionality available in hippo itself, as i can see in the testsuite.

Thanks and Regards
Sumit Pallakhe

Jasper Floor

Feb 24, 2016, 8:35:35 AM2/24/16
to Hippo Community
HI,

I think I understand better now.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 7:40 AM, Sumit Pallakhe <sumit.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jasper

I still don't understand what you want to know.
Basically, I wanted to understand more about social channel, as i'm fairly new to hippo and have no idea how things would work when it comes to social media/channels. I came across a whitepaper published on your website:  Hippo___Social_Channels___A_Content_Management_Imperative_EN
How you set that up is dependent on your requirements
1. We want to enable logging in with facebook.

2. We want to share the documents/content from the CMS

So basically publish direct to facebook right? I believe you just publsh a page on your site and then link to it on your facebook page but I am not really familiar with Facebook.

3. We want to share the content from the website

Facebook has an api for this of course. Basically you need to have  call to facebook on your webpage. In you jsp/ftl template you set up the basic structure with the link, icon...now either in your component or through js you need to gather the information for the link. The details are a bit more involved but this is the basic outline.

mvg,
JAsper