Extending siteMenuItem to add more properties/fields

Piyush Mohan

Oct 22, 2015, 9:57:39 AM10/22/15
to Hippo Community
Hey,

So the problem I am trying to solve is to allow customer to be able to assign some documents to site menu. Now I do know that it can be done via console my adding parameter name/value, but trying to take a step further by allowing user to be able to select documents via the interface in channel manager itself.

I was thinking on lines of extending sitemenuitem etc. to add some custom field just like External link, Destination, Label fields available for sitemenuItem now.

Is it possible?

Thx,
Pi

Ard Schrijvers

Oct 26, 2015, 6:20:44 AM10/26/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Piyush Mohan <mohan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So the problem I am trying to solve is to allow customer to be able to
> assign some documents to site menu. Now I do know that it can be done via
> console my adding parameter name/value, but trying to take a step further by
> allowing user to be able to select documents via the interface in channel
> manager itself.

This is possible in the 10.0 : In there, when you edit a menu item,
you can select a document to link to *or* a sitemap item

HTH,

Regards Ard

> I was thinking on lines of extending sitemenuitem etc. to add some custom
> field just like External link, Destination, Label fields available for
> sitemenuItem now.
>
> Is it possible?
>

> Thx,
> Pi
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc.- 745 Atlantic Ave, Eight Floor, Boston MA 02111,
United states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com