URL Rewriter "Append Query String" doesn't work as expected

Martijn van der Vorst

Apr 13, 2016, 6:49:53 AM4/13/16
to Hippo Community
Hi guys,

Either I found a bug, or a really weird behaviour with the URL rewriter.

Current URL Rewriter Advanced rule looks like this:

Now when I go to
I would expect to end up at

But this isn't the case, I end up at:

This is breaking quite a bit of functionality with our AngularJS components who can't deal with parameters starting with & instead of ?

Regards,
Martijn van der Vorst

marijan milicevic

Apr 13, 2016, 6:59:35 AM4/13/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:49 PM, 'Martijn van der Vorst' via Hippo Community <hippo-c...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

Either I found a bug, or a really weird behaviour with the URL rewriter.

Current URL Rewriter Advanced rule looks like this:

A known issue regarding missing question mark separator: the software behind the URL Rewriter has a known issue that the question mark is not present in the rewritten URL. The workaround is to have the question mark already at the end of the field 'Rewrite To'.

cheers
marijan

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Martijn van der Vorst

Apr 13, 2016, 7:00:36 AM4/13/16
to Hippo Community
Temporary workaround that we're doing now is:

Rewrite To:
/torewrite?ignore

so it creates at least an initial quary parameter named "ignore", and can add the "&whatever" to the end of it.

It works, but it's ugly.

marijan milicevic

Apr 13, 2016, 7:06:29 AM4/13/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
yes, I hope this was fixed in upstream project, we have an issue for upgrading to newer version of the library,
till then, you'll have to deal with the ugly part :(
cheers
marijan

Jasper Floor

Apr 13, 2016, 8:07:21 AM4/13/16
to Hippo Community
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:06 PM, marijan milicevic <m.mil...@onehippo.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:00 PM, 'Martijn van der Vorst' via Hippo Community <hippo-c...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Temporary workaround that we're doing now is:

Rewrite To:
/torewrite?ignore

so it creates at least an initial quary parameter named "ignore", and can add the "&whatever" to the end of it.

It works, but it's ugly.

yes, I hope this was fixed in upstream project, we have an issue for upgrading to newer version of the library,
till then, you'll have to deal with the ugly part :(

AFAIK development on Tuckey is stalled...We already use the latest version in any case.

mvg,
Jasper

marijan milicevic

Apr 13, 2016, 8:35:09 AM4/13/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Jasper Floor <j.f...@onehippo.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:06 PM, marijan milicevic <m.mil...@onehippo.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:00 PM, 'Martijn van der Vorst' via Hippo Community <hippo-c...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Temporary workaround that we're doing now is:

Rewrite To:
/torewrite?ignore

so it creates at least an initial quary parameter named "ignore", and can add the "&whatever" to the end of it.

It works, but it's ugly.

yes, I hope this was fixed in upstream project, we have an issue for upgrading to newer version of the library,
till then, you'll have to deal with the ugly part :(

AFAIK development on Tuckey is stalled...We already use the latest version in any case.

nope. we use 4.0.4 [1](which is effectively 4.0.3 version, see release notes [3]), bug  mentioned [2] is fixed in 4.0.5 version  [3] ,
cheers,
marijan

Jasper Floor

Apr 13, 2016, 10:47:00 AM4/13/16
to Hippo Community
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 2:35 PM, marijan milicevic <m.mil...@onehippo.com> wrote:
[...]

This is true, but 4.0.5 has not been released anywhere that I know of. I actually did look for it because we recently bumped the Tuckey version in URLRewriter. So the issue you refer to that we need to upgrade to a newer version has already been resolved with the upgrade to 4.0.4. 4.0.5 is just not available unless you compile it yourself.

mvg,
Jasper