How to export live content to local development

Thobias

Aug 5, 2016, 6:16:09 AM8/5/16
to Hippo Community
Hey @all,

i am trying to import the live content to my local development project. I am going the way to export the nodes as XML and import them locally. But this is working sometime not as expected. (Files in filesystem not createt or warnings about to many events and so on.)

Is there a prefert way to do this? Maybe an easier way.

Thanks
Thobias

marijan milicevic

Aug 5, 2016, 6:22:00 AM8/5/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
you normally don't want to have to much content in your local project...it just takes way too much time to build etc.
easiest way is to have a database dump and local maven profile which than uses different configuration and  connects to your exported database..(normally you would do this on a test environment...)

Other thing you can do is bootstrap your XML instead of using XML import through console..
cheers
marijan

Thanks
Thobias

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Thobias

Aug 5, 2016, 6:28:46 AM8/5/16
to Hippo Community
We need it to deploy the hippo environment completly from bootstrap version to servers.

What exactly do you mean with "bootstrap your XML" - is this xml the downloaded xml export from live? In case of yes: Its enought to replace \bootstrap\content\src\main\resources\content.xml with the download content.xml?

marijan milicevic

Aug 5, 2016, 6:32:59 AM8/5/16
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 12:28 PM, 'Thobias' via Hippo Community <hippo-c...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
We need it to deploy the hippo environment completly from bootstrap version to servers.

What exactly do you mean with "bootstrap your XML" - is this xml the downloaded xml export from live? In case of yes: Its enought to replace \bootstrap\content\src\main\resources\content.xml with the download content.xml?

yes. You'll need to remove any other content entries of course,
cheers
marijan

Thobias

Aug 5, 2016, 7:29:08 AM8/5/16