Updates to CMS forms are not getting loaded on deploy to target env

Raf

Feb 27, 2018, 2:57:23 PM2/27/18
to Hippo Community
In Hippo 11 we had to set a reloadonstartup flag for the updated element in hippoecm-extension, and up the buildNumber.

What's the process for reloading namespace elements in version 12?

Thanks all in advance!

Woonsan Ko

Feb 27, 2018, 3:16:27 PM2/27/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raf,

See "Content actions" section [1].

Regards,

Woonsan

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Raf

Feb 27, 2018, 7:27:03 PM2/27/18
to Hippo Community
Hi Woonsan,
Thank you for your reply.

I'm trying to redeploy updates to a form. Does the same method apply to non-content updates?

What would an action item look like for updating a form?

<project>\repository-data\application\src\main\resources\hcm-config\namespaces\chcms\article.yaml

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Raf <rafael....@gmail.com> wrote:
In Hippo 11 we had to set a reloadonstartup flag for the updated element in hippoecm-extension, and up the buildNumber.

What's the process for reloading namespace elements in version 12?

Thanks all in advance!

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Woonsan Ko

Feb 28, 2018, 12:22:13 PM2/28/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
action-lists:
// <snip>
- 1.0:
    /hippo:namespaces/chcms/article: reload

in repository-data/application/src/main/resources/hcm-actions.yaml

RSS: https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.

Raf

Feb 28, 2018, 11:05:50 PM2/28/18
to Hippo Community
Hi Woonsan,
Thank you for your feedback.

So, I have an hcm-actions.yaml in \repository-data\application\src\main\resources
It has the following:

action-lists:
  - 1.0:
/hippo:namespaces/chcms/article: reload

And that does not reload my form changes on the target env. What else am I missing?

Woonsan Ko

Mar 1, 2018, 9:00:02 AM3/1/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Oh, the hcm-actions.yaml might not be needed as your namespace yaml files are under hcm-config folder. See [1].
Please check if bootstrapping was enabled [2] there. Otherwise bootstrapping would never happen.

Regards,

Woonsan

RSS: https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.

Raf

Mar 1, 2018, 10:02:12 AM3/1/18
to Hippo Community
You are right, bootstrapping was commented out.
The namespace yaml files have the updated configuration for the modified forms. What are the steps for instructing them to reload in the target env?

Woonsan Ko

Mar 1, 2018, 10:48:30 AM3/1/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to do anything for configuration change [2] other than enabling bootstrapping. See the following.

"For the configuration part of the repository, if Hippo CMS detects a change between the new bootstrap data and the previously bootstrapped baseline, that change is written to the repository." [3]

Regards,

Woonsan

RSS: https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.

Raf

Mar 1, 2018, 2:19:48 PM3/1/18
to Hippo Community
So now bootstrap is enabled, but form mods from before are not loading into the target env. What can I do to reload those forms?

Raf

Mar 1, 2018, 2:24:43 PM3/1/18
to Hippo Community
The article.yaml does contain all mods. It's just not reloading.

Raf

Mar 5, 2018, 11:31:10 AM3/5/18
to Hippo Community
So, after enabling bootstrap, I added an element to the author form, created a distribution, redeployed the distribution, but the change did not get loaded in the target environment. Am I missing a step?

Woonsan Ko

Mar 5, 2018, 4:28:05 PM3/5/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raf,

I've tested locally and it seems working fine. My testing steps with a simple v12.1.0 archetype generated project:
- Create a simple project with adding news and events feature.
- Build and run with repo storage folder: mvn clean verify && mvn -Pcargo.run -Drepo.path=storage
- Check if the "Location" UI field exists in Event document type.
- Stop the cargo.run.
- Update repository-data/application/src/main/resources/hcm-config/namespaces/myhippoproject/eventsdocument.yaml locally. I just removed "/location" under "/editor:templates:/_default_".
Build and run it again with repo storage folder: mvn clean verify && mvn -Pcargo.run -Drepo.path=storage
- Now, the "Location" UI field is gone.

So, it seems working for me.

If it doesn't work for you for some reason, please take a look at "Configuration Baseline" section [1].
For example, you can try removing "/hcm:hcm/hcm:baseline/myhippoproject/myhippoproject/myhippoproject-repository-data-application/hcm-config/namespaces/myhippoproject/eventsdocument.yaml" to reload "eventdocument" namespace template, and redeploying the module, and see what happens.

Regards,

Woonsan

RSS: https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.

Woonsan Ko

Mar 7, 2018, 12:14:39 PM3/7/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
And the Maven style version numbering in hcm-actions.yaml is supported since 12.0.2.
So, if you're on pre-12.0.2, please upgrade it to 12.0.5 or 12.1.x or 12.2.x.

Regards,

Woonsan