Dynamic URL Strategy

sehgal.h...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2016, 6:25:46 AM9/10/16
to Hippo Community
Hi

Before I start I would like to thank all the members of hippo community for providing such an awesome support. Can't thank you enough guys. :) Also I find Hippo CMS a great platform for some one like me. Really looking forward to it.

So to start, we have this scenario:

We have 300 articles residing in CMS and all the articles are classified with a Taxonomy.
The Taxonomy tree has many levels.

On the Landing page we list all the taxonomy categories and on clicking a Category we are fetching the articles classified by that category and on click of that article we want to open that article on the detail page.

Q1. What is the best way to do that according to you.
Q2. right now we are sending the category key from landing page to listing page through URL, is it a proper way?
Q3. Can we re right the URL and display the category name/ Article name(on detail page) instead of category key and uuid(in case of detail page.)

Any one with any pointers is welcome

Thanks in advance
Hitesh Sehgal

Jasper Floor

Sep 14, 2016, 5:38:49 AM9/14/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,

have you looked at the Taxonomy plugin demo project? This may help you in some of your questions. As to what is the right way, I suggest looking into what works best for SEO.

mvg,
Jasper

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

sehgal.h...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2016, 5:10:04 AM9/19/16
to Hippo Community
Hi Jasper

Thanks a lot. I can't thank you guys enough for your support.

Regards
Hitesh