Roles / Permissions

Gareth Price

Jan 4, 2018, 12:53:04 PM1/4/18
to Hippo Community

Good Evening,

I am looking to set up Roles/Permissions for our CMS authors/editors on Hippo CMS 11. This is what I am looking to do:
  • We currently have a set of channels.
  • What we would like to do is restrict groups of CMS editors to specific channels.
  • Ideally we would want to hide the channels that the editor does not have access to.
  • Is this possible?
  • How would I go about it?

I had a quick look through, but couldn't see anything as specific as I would like. It seems we can only restrict user roles to author/editor/admin who can see the entire suit of content but with levels of restricted use.

Hopefully someone can advise.

Many thanks
Gareth

Minos Chatzidakis

Jan 8, 2018, 5:50:47 AM1/8/18
to Hippo Community
Hi,

Access to a channel is allowed when access to its content root is allowed. So to hide some channels from some users/groups, you only need to hide the content root of that channel. I think this page can help you: https://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/security/authorization-use-cases/grant-access-to-one-channel-only.html

cheers,
Minos

Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Minos Chatzidakis

Product consultant

email-sig-logo.png

p.

e.

+31 20 522 44 66

minos.ch...@bloomreach.com

Gareth Price

Jan 8, 2018, 8:00:16 AM1/8/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Minos,

I noticed these instructions come under the 12x Reference Docs - Is this facility only available from that version, or is there an equivalent in version 11 which is what we are using?

Gareth

p.

e.

Minos Chatzidakis

Jan 8, 2018, 8:19:47 AM1/8/18
to Hippo Community
On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Gareth Price <gpr...@rocketlawyer.co.uk> wrote:
Thanks for the reply Minos,

I noticed these instructions come under the 12x Reference Docs - Is this facility only available from that version, or is there an equivalent in version 11 which is what we are using?

Please keep in mind the above is an example. Point here is to see how to deny access to a content tree, since this is all you need in order to be able to restrict access to channels.

Gareth

Gareth Price

Jan 8, 2018, 11:08:14 AM1/8/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks for sending that through. I will have a look through and get back to you if I need any further help.

Gareth Price

Feb 26, 2018, 11:30:47 AM2/26/18
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Good Afternoon,

I am picking this question back up.

When I  try to log in with my new user (bfrench) I get the error message:

Access to this application is not allowed for this user

I have taken some screen shots of the permissions:

Details of user permissions (username bfrench as seen further down)

Inline image 1

Settings for common-read

Inline image 2

Settings for french-content

Inline image 3

Settings for French-Editors

Inline image 4

I have applied the change in the Configure CMS Access of the guide but this did not make a difference.

Is there anything else that I could be missing?

Hope you can help
Gareth