Can the gallery manager crop images besides resizing them?

Eric Nguyen personal

Apr 21, 2015, 12:52:58 AM4/21/15
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Say I have an image original size of 1600x900.

I have an image variant 150x150 and 100x75.

By the default, the auto-generated thumbnails will have sizes 150x84 and 100x56 respectively.
While this is great for keeping the image whole, I would need to control the height of the thumbnail for styling my website.
Can the gallery manger be configure to crop the images, besides resizing them; thus make the thumbnails fill the desired frame e.g. 150x150, without squeezing/ stretching the image?
In the example above, the thumbnail should fill the frame 150x150.
Vertically nothing would be trimmed while it would trimmed on 2 sides horizontally.
As long as the auto-crop takes the centre of the image, I wouldn't mind if it's not too perfect.
(I can always manually adjust the few that look too bad)