Access to the original bean from a Facetbean in freemarker?

yvesv...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2017, 4:14:32 PM6/26/17
to Hippo Community
Can I access (or retrieve) the original content bean from a facetbean in freemarker? Or do I also need to add the orignal bean to the request?

I want to use the profile picture, short description and fullname from the Author bean. But these don't seem to be available on the Author facetbean in freemarker. And I can't find to way to access the original Author bean in freemarker from the facetbean. E.g. ${item.canonicalBean} doesn't resolve to anything.

Thanks!

Ard Schrijvers

Jun 28, 2017, 4:07:39 AM6/28/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 10:14 PM, <yvesv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I access (or retrieve) the original content bean from a facetbean in
> freemarker? Or do I also need to add the orignal bean to the request?

If in your content bean you have something like

public HippoBean getLinkedBean() {
return getLinkedBean("myproject:linkednodename", HippoBean.class);
}

then you can access it in FTL. 'myproject:linkednodename' depends on
your setup of course

HTH,

Regards Ard

> I want to use the profile picture, short description and fullname from the
> Author bean. But these don't seem to be available on the Author facetbean in
> freemarker. And I can't find to way to access the original Author bean in
> freemarker from the facetbean. E.g. ${item.canonicalBean} doesn't resolve to
> anything.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com