Namespace creation in existing project

SumitP

Apr 13, 2017, 3:10:53 AM4/13/17
to Hippo Community
Hi all,

Can any one tell me "How to create new namespace in existing project?"

I have tried following things,
1.created new namespace using console under hippo:namespaces,after this I have copied the basedocument from existing namespace but its not working.
2.tried to create new namespace through CMS, but got problem with given URL.

please suggest !!!

Thanks in Advance,
Sumit

William Borg Barthet

Apr 13, 2017, 5:29:32 AM4/13/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sumit,

you can add a namespace in the console, use the "add namespace" link in the top-right, then upload your CND. What does your URL look like?

This is not something that you are expected to do in normal situations. Can you tell us what you are trying to achieve?

Thanks

William

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

William Borg Barthet
SOLUTION ARCHITECT / TRAINER
 william.borgbarthet@bloomreach.com
+44 739 396 4977

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 71 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02110

DE +49 170 4074731
NL +31 20 522 44 66
US +1 877 414 47 76 (toll free)
www.onehippo.com
www.onehippo.org

SumitP

Apr 13, 2017, 6:21:01 AM4/13/17
to Hippo Community
Hi William,

Thanks for your quick reply !!

Actually I am trying to create multiple sites in my project and there will be different document types in the each site. So I come to know there should be separate namespace for each site.

Please suggest the right approach to follow.

Thanks,
Sumit

On 13 April 2017 at 08:10, SumitP <sumit.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Can any one tell me "How to create new namespace in existing project?"

I have tried following things,
1.created new namespace using console under hippo:namespaces,after this I have copied the basedocument from existing namespace but its not working.
2.tried to create new namespace through CMS, but got problem with given URL.

please suggest !!!

Thanks in Advance,
Sumit

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

William Borg Barthet
SOLUTION ARCHITECT / TRAINER
 william.borgbarthet...@bloomreach.com

William Borg Barthet

Apr 13, 2017, 7:06:45 AM4/13/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sumit,

multiple sites often use the same namespace anyway. If you still want to have separate namespaces, this should be done in the code.

Copy the cnd in the bootstrap that came with your archetype project and change the namespace URL at the top.

Then you'll have to add an index entry to your hippoecm-extension.xml that looks like this:

<!-- Document types -->
  <sv:node sv:name="gettingstarted">
    <sv:property sv:name="jcr:primaryType" sv:type="Name">
       <sv:value>hippo:initializeitem</sv:value>
    </sv:property>
    <sv:property sv:name="hippo:sequence" sv:type="Double">
      <sv:value>30050</sv:value>
    </sv:property>
    <sv:property sv:name="hippo:namespace" sv:type="String">
      <sv:value>http://www.onehippo.org/gettingstarted/nt/1.0</sv:value>
    </sv:property>
    <sv:property sv:name="hippo:nodetypesresource" sv:type="String">
      <sv:value>namespaces/gettingstarted.cnd</sv:value>
    </sv:property>
  </sv:node>

I would still re-consider the benefit of having separate namespaces for your channels versus the ease of sharing code and document types across them.

HTH

William

RSS: https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=50
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hippo Community" group.

William Borg Barthet
SOLUTION ARCHITECT / TRAINER
 william.borgbarthet@bloomreach.com

Marijan Milicevic

Apr 13, 2017, 8:02:59 AM4/13/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 1:06 PM, William Borg Barthet <william.b...@bloomreach.com> wrote:
Hi Sumit,

multiple sites often use the same namespace anyway. If you still want to have separate namespaces, this should be done in the code.

this is not entirely true. It should say: it *can* be done in the code. You can add a new namespace by going to:  document types > create namespace (see picture below)

Anyway: this will just add extra complexity to your project and in the most cases I've seen, creating extra namespace was not needed.

cheers
marijan

Jasper Floor

Apr 13, 2017, 8:03:44 AM4/13/17
to Hippo Community
I would have to agree with William here. The separation between your channels is best achieved on higher level. Even if you have specializations on documents for specific channels it is better to keep them grouped. What is added by giving each their own namespace? It's not a strange thought to want to separate like this, but it generally isn't helpful that I've seen.

SumitP

Apr 13, 2017, 9:35:58 AM4/13/17
to Hippo Community
Hi all,

please go through scenario for which I am looking,

I have following site

main.com      ----------> main site

sub.us.com    ---------> sub site

sub.sing.com ----------> sub site

sub.mal.com -----------> sub site

I have four above site, main site contains common document-types and respective documents.

Sub site contains their respective document-types and documents.

I want there will be separate site module, so that respective teams will work accordingly.

please suggest !!!

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit P.

SumitP

Apr 14, 2017, 3:35:24 AM4/14/17
to Hippo Community

Hi William,

Thanks for your solution.

I am able to create namespace and new document type in it, but the thing i missing is beans not generating for newly created documents.
Please suggest for bean auto generation configuration for newly created document type.

Thanks,
Sumit

Niels van Kampenhout

Apr 18, 2017, 11:52:03 AM4/18/17
to Hippo Community
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 12:35 AM, SumitP <sumit.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi William,

Thanks for your solution.

I am able to create namespace and new document type in it, but the thing i missing is beans not generating for newly created documents.
Please suggest for bean auto generation configuration for newly created document type.

I think auto bean generation is only supported on standard project setups as created using the archetype, meaning a single namespace.

Yet another reason to stick to a single namespace.

HTH,
Niels