Custom Component Editor

Keric McDonald

Oct 13, 2017, 3:48:15 PM10/13/17
to Hippo Community
Good Day All,

I created a custom component following the "featured-products" tutorial provided by hippo.
Now i want to I want to create a custom component editor  to give users the ability to select products from elasticsearch and render these selected products in my component interface.

Does anyone know how i can achieve this?

I attached an image to this thread. The "Horizontal Record Spotlight" section is where I want to create my custom interface and functionality to interact with Hippo cms JCR.
customComponentEditor.PNG

Ard Schrijvers

Oct 17, 2017, 3:59:35 AM10/17/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Hey Keric,

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Keric McDonald <kericm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good Day All,
>
> I created a custom component following the "featured-products" tutorial
> provided by hippo.
> Now i want to I want to create a custom component editor to give users the
> ability to select products from elasticsearch and render these selected
> products in my component interface.
>
> Does anyone know how i can achieve this?

At this moment I don't think it will be possible to plug in such
custom behavior. We do have enterprise components that for example can
be configured to fetch external lists (for example product lists), but
the UI shows string input parameters, and not some advanced external
picker.

HTH,

Regards Ard

> I attached an image to this thread. The "Horizontal Record Spotlight"
> section is where I want to create my custom interface and functionality to
> interact with Hippo cms JCR.
>
> --
> Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about
> Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

> "Hippo Community" group.
> email to hippo-communi...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/hippo-community.

Hippo Netherlands, Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hippo USA, Inc. 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110, United
states of America.

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Keric McDonald

Oct 17, 2017, 11:08:02 AM10/17/17
to Hippo Community
Okay, If I go the route of plugin development, would it be possible then?