Deliver REST content on Publish

Raf

Jul 24, 2017, 2:24:19 PM7/24/17
to Hippo Community
Hi,

I setup some REST endpoints for my content, and upon Publication, I need to deliver the REST output to another repository.

Has anyone done something like this?

Hippo provides instruction on adding to the post publication event, which requires a PostProcessingModule class and a configuration in the /hippo:configuration/hippo:modules

So, here is what I've tried so far after capturing the published document:

Method 1. Build and call the document's REST URL and read the formatted custom JSON text. This works but seems weird to call the Site component from the CMS component via an HTTP call.

Method 2. Read the document's data from the node. This works too, but it produces Hippo's default JSON syntax, which I can't use.

Is there a better option?

Thank you all in advance!

Marijan Milicevic

Jul 25, 2017, 7:48:25 AM7/25/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com

Thank you all in advance!

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

Raf

Jul 28, 2017, 11:34:12 AM7/28/17
to Hippo Community
More specifically, upon publication, I need to deposit the document's JSON text into a repository like Couchbase or Kafka, and if possible have it formatted so I would have control over the output's format.

Has anyone done something like this before?
Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Saimir Muco

Jul 31, 2017, 4:23:52 AM7/31/17
to hippo-c...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps you can have a look to the Camel event bus support [1].
Regards,

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)

With kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet,
Saimir Muco

Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 71 Summer Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02110