Make images publishable

Luis Amado

Apr 14, 2016, 10:30:31 AM4/14/16
to Hippo Community
Hello.
We want to make images publishable by default, just like on a document workflow. Ideally, it would make sense to merge the document workflow and galleryworkflow to do that.
Is that a good approach? The idea is to prevent the images to be always publicly accessible via URL.

Tell me your thoughts please.

Best regards.
Luis.

Jasper Floor

Apr 14, 2016, 11:24:51 AM4/14/16
to Hippo Community
Hi,

our advice on this is on this page:

basically to not store them as assets but as an embedded resource.

I believe it is possible to add a workflow to the images but it will take some work. You probably have to customize the BinariesServlet to make this work in any case, but I don't remember the exact details for this.

mvg,
Jasper

--
Hippo Community Group: The place for all discussions and announcements about Hippo CMS (and HST, repository etc. etc.)