Problems loading...

1 view

timb...@googlemail.com

Jul 9, 2007, 2:28:26 PM7/9/07
to Hipihi
I have registered and installed the HiPiHi client without problem on
my WindowsXP box. However, when I try to run the application it shows
a status bar with 20% then simply disappears. It does not appear to
leave any processes running - it simply terminates before getting to
the login. Any ideas??

Missing or corrupt DLL perhaps?

timb...@googlemail.com

Jul 9, 2007, 2:29:42 PM7/9/07
to Hipihi
D'OH! I see Sue has logged the same problem... :-(

On Jul 9, 7:28 pm, "timbo...@googlemail.com" <timbo...@googlemail.com>

Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )

Jul 9, 2007, 4:45:29 PM7/9/07
to Hipihi
HI, do you have the East Asian language pack installed? This is
something that comes with windows sp2.

You go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages
tab, and there is a checkbox there for Install files for East Asian
languages. Check that box and you may find taht the files are already
on your computer, or you may find that you are prompted to insert your
Windows XP disk. If you don't have your CD, but are a registered
user of os XP, then you can download SP2 from Microsoft.

Once you have the East Asian language pack installed, you click the
Details button on the Languages tab and select as Default input
Language English (United States) - Chinese (Simplified) - US Keyboard,
assuming you are in the US.
In the Installed Services area just below there you Click the Add
button and and Chinese (Simplified) - US Keyboard. So you would have
Chinese Simplified - US Keyboard as one entry there and US as the
other.

Once you have this done, edit the Hipihi shortcut's properties and on
the compatibility tab turn OFF Advanced Text Services for the Hipihi
checkbox.

There are some pictures of the dialog boxes on my blog at
http://suezannecbaskerville.wordpress.com .

On Jul 9, 1:29 pm, "timbo...@googlemail.com" <timbo...@googlemail.com>

Rainfell

Aug 1, 2007, 6:30:47 AM8/1/07
to Hipihi
Hi I am new to HiPiHi and coming from second lIfe as many here are I
think.

I am having issues with the initial login. I have chinese simplified
installed but I am still getting the 20% time out issues discribed
here. Suzanne I cannot find your pics of the interface on your link
that shows how to correct this issue, can anyone give me some further
details for successfull login?

Thank you so much!

On Jul 9, 4:45 pm, "Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )"

> > > Missing or corrupt DLL perhaps?- Hide quoted text -

Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )

Aug 1, 2007, 9:28:27 AM8/1/07
to Hipihi
Hi,

I encourage folks trying to get Hipihi to run to join the IdeaShape
forums at www.ideashape.cn . If you look in the bug report forum
there you will find other's tales of related problems, and links to
multiple sets of pictures of settings.
Try http://221.11.104.147/bbs/Board.aspx?BoardID=3 and see if that
gets you to the bug report forum at the IdeaShape forum site.

Putting "suezannec pictures language settings" into Google produces as
the first result a link to the Hipihi page at my blog site which has
pictures of language settings. Finding things on the internet is much
easier if one uses Google and other search engines as best as one
can. That link is http://suezannecbaskerville.wordpress.com/hipihi/ -
the static Hipihi info page on my wordpress blog. I just checked that
link; the pictures show up.

=========
Time for work, got to go. Best of luck!
==========

Legolas

Aug 13, 2007, 11:13:16 AM8/13/07
to Hipihi
hey all....

I do have the same problem that it show 20% loading an then it just
disappears ??? - What can be the problem to this ???

Legolas

On Jul 9, 8:28 pm, "timbo...@googlemail.com" <timbo...@googlemail.com>

Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )

Aug 14, 2007, 2:51:19 AM8/14/07
to Hipihi
Do you have the advanced text services turned off for the hipihi
shortcut?

Here's the the pictures of the settings on my blog on the Hipihi
page:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa245/SuezanneC-Baskerville/Hipihi/English_US_Chinese_Simplified.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa245/SuezanneC-Baskerville/Hipihi/Hipihi-RegionalandLanguages-Advance.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa245/SuezanneC-Baskerville/Hipihi/Hipihi_Shortcut_Compatibility_Tab_A.jpg

You might have a problem from having your password too long. If your
password is over ten characters, try entering only the first ten
characters.

I've read that you need to have the language settings correct when
you install Hipihi, not just when you run it - so once the langauge
settings are correct, uninstall and reinstall Hipihi, then set the
advanced text services off for the Hipihi shortcut.

Of course you need to have the proper version of Hipihi, which at the
moment is 30013.

Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )

Aug 14, 2007, 2:54:31 AM8/14/07
to Hipihi

Also, in order to know what exactly what the state of your
installation is, screenshots of the language settings and
compatibility settings would be useful.

And what operating system are you using?