Spam here, quite annoying, and the Google Groups management system sucks

Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )

Aug 29, 2008, 9:20:18 PM8/29/08
to Hipihi
The spam and posting porno here is quite annoying.

Other free forum sites have much better management systems. Deleting
a message here is a pain, and the deleted messages don't ever seem to
actually vanish.

There are a number of free forum sites that would be better than this
site.

I don't really want to make this group where I have to approve
memberships or approve posts before they appear. I am going to
tighten up the permissions some, I suppose.

I actually already have a free Hipihi forum else, although I don't
recall where at the moment, and a wiki, at hipihi.wiki.zoho.com . The
wiki is probably a better place to use than this Google Group.

There is a forum for non-Chinese-speaking folks interested in Hipihi
in the forums at forums.hipihi.com, called the Overseas Zone. It does
exist within a forum site that is in Chinese, so you do have to
figure out and remember what to click on the start a new thread and
post a reply. It's not that hard to do, and for the most part, one
can ignore all the rest of the forums' controls.