Success, I got Hipihi to run on Windows XP English version

Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )

Jun 23, 2007, 10:59:13 PM6/23/07
to Hipihi
I had the East Asian lanaguage pack installed, and the Chinese PRC
language keyboard options set, and I had the default font for non
Unicode fonts set to Chinese PRC, and still Hipihi wouldn't run.

A person in Second Life told me the trick: on the Hipihi shortcut's
properties, go to the compatibility tab, advanced, and set the
advanced text funcions off for Hipihi.

Then I started up Hipihi and it worked just fine.

Hipihi is a nice looking program and it's fun doing the stuff you can
do right off the bat without being able to read the instructions.

I've tried to get it running on my older machine, which only has 512
megs, and worse yet, an MX 400 onboard graphics system and that
doesn't work, and I've content to assume it's the lousy video that is
keeping that from working. Sure would be nice if I could read the
error messages.

I strongly endorse investigating Hipihi if you have any interest in
current virtual worlds.