Textures

lillybe...@googlemail.com

Aug 17, 2007, 8:35:37 AM8/17/07
to Hipihi
Hello *waves*

My name is LillyBeth Filth in SL I own TRU ( Textures R Us) and Ive
been accepted as a group or indivual to join HIPPiHi with a view to
replicating our exsisting store in SL in HIPPiHI
I know the client it not english yet
Im curious how the client uses textures
Is there a need to new textures such as themed walls with windows?
Or are they at the stage SL used to be 4 yrs ago were the only txtrs
around were what LL provided?
I know there is no curency of real value yet either and thats fine but
I would still like to move in and provide its residents the same
selection we offer at SL as I beleive with custom made textures we
make already we could help the residents develop this new world faster
into a creative environment.

Any help with translation for documents and such like would be paid in
L$ until we are set up and the english interfact is released at the
end of the year.

Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )

Aug 17, 2007, 9:13:56 AM8/17/07
to Hipihi
So far as I am aware, on the "new style prims", the ones that are very
much like SL prims, you can upload jpg, bmp, png, or tga files to
apply on them. The png and tga types should make use of alpha
channels. You can set various factors about the texture's appearance.
I think you can multiple layers of textures on a particular face,
although it may not be so much multiple layers as different resolution
images for different LODs. I'm not really sure.

As to the details of how the textures get mapped onto the shapes when
the shapes are are distorted, I dont' know about that at all. I'm not
a texturer in SL.

It is good to remember that the program is in beta - so don't expect
it to work real well. Not only is there no economy yet, but the
builds you make now may well be lost when the program goes live, so
unless you hear otherwise direct from the Hipihi company, treat the
beta test building in Hipihi as practive, done for fun, wanting to get
a head start, need a change, etc.

On Aug 17, 7:35 am, "lillybethfi...@gmail.com"

Message has been deleted