Where can I build?

1 view

StellaC...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2007, 7:36:52 PM8/23/07
to Hipihi
Hi all! I'm sorry if I am asking anyone to repeat themselves, but I do
have a question for anyone who might have the time. The first being,
where do I go to build? I can't seem to create a prim no matter where
I am, so I am wondering if I am doing this incorrectly or if there are
no build areas I am not aware of.

I'm looking forward to exploring this new world with you fine folks.
Look me up, my name is Stellar.

Sue Baskerville ( SuezanneC Baskerville )

Aug 23, 2007, 9:30:55 PM8/23/07
to Hipihi
Hi Stellar

At present, you can only build on land that you own. At present,
during the beta, owning land is free. Everyone can claim a parcel of
land. If you could read the interface you would probably not have too
much trouble finding an unowned parcel of land. There is a pdf file
with screenshots of most of the interface and notes in English
explaining what the labels and menu options and such are. Google
Groups, while easy to set up, don't allow me to put a picture from
this English interface right here in this message, but I have
downloaded this file, uncompressed it, and stored it here in the File
area of this google group.

Unfortunately, unless I am just overlooking it, this file is missing
the precise dialog that you need a translation for.

I am posting a thread in the Hipihi forums, in the "Overseas Zone"
forum, and asking elsewhere, to get a translation of this menu.

I "bought" my land by clicking on things on this menu until something
happened, and then I owned the land. I'm not sure whether I made a
good choice or not, but I think that once you buy your parcel you are
stuck with it at this point, althought I am not absolutely sure of.
that.

If I don't get back with further word on this, you could post here, I
get an email notice when people post here.

In the meantime, you would be well advised to try the forums at the
Hipihi site, you should be able to go to http://forums.hipihi.com and
login in, there should be some boxes to put in your name and
password. Once logged in go to the overseas zone forum and post your
question there.

Also you might want to register for a user run Hipihi forum at
http://www.ideashape.cn, which is designed to help those who don't
speak Chinese.

On Aug 23, 6:36 pm, "StellaCoste...@gmail.com"