Need guidance to determine HipHop usability

jp

May 3, 2011, 6:20:51 PM5/3/11
to HipHop for PHP Dev
Hello All and thank you for your time in responding to my inquiry:

I have a PHP command line application that makes little use of
extensions, mostly relying on the PHP basics. I do use simple xml,
mysql and MongoDB, otherwise it is straight PHP code. In the near
future I will probably be adding SOAP to the mix.

I would like to know if HipHop is usable in this context (specifically
when doing command line rather than web based) and with these
extensions?

Also, any hope for binaries on the Mac OSx or linux/Ubuntu? Has
anyone been able to get compiling working on Mac OSx? I have tried
but have many issues with dependencies with port that I have yet to be
able to resolve.

Cheers