We use hint.css at SDSLabs

pravendra rathore

Oct 31, 2013, 1:08:21 PM10/31/13
to hin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kushgra,

this is Pravendra, member of SDSLabs, a student group Innovating at IIT Roorkee
I really like the "hint.css" thing, its really a cool package in CSS only.

We at SDSLabs use "hint.css" in our Play : an internal music server like Github's Play
I wanted to have a cool looking tooltip library triggered by an event not just 'hover'.
and found "hint.css" as the right option, because of its simpleness an coolness.

so I hakced on it with jquery and managed to get thing done and shaped it to trigger on event "adding  a song to queue" or simply a click..

It will be great if you can power it to support events :)

--
Pravendra Singh Rathore
B.Tech. II year, Computer Science

kushagra gour

Nov 3, 2013, 1:24:19 PM11/3/13
to pravendra rathore, hin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pravendra

Nice to see Hint.css being used in your Play! Glad you liked it.

Though JavaScript is something which is intentionally not part of Hint.css (you see the name itself means a CSS only lib). And that is what makes this library so unique and loved. Having events is something which will make it deviate from its path.
But hey, whos gonna stop hackers like you from extending & making cool stuff out of it. May be some day we'll have Hint.js :)

Keep hacking!
--
Kushagra Gour

Indie game Developer