Version 1.04beta2 (fix for screen unlock bug in Lollipop?)

DYNA Logix

Nov 30, 2014, 1:57:11 PM11/30/14
I implemented the workaround summarized in this article for the screen unlock bug in Lollipop: https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1902

final Window win = activity.getWindow();
        if (isLollipopOrGreater() && !km.isKeyguardSecure()) {
            win.addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_DISMISS_KEYGUARD);
        } else {
            win.addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_DISMISS_KEYGUARD | WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_SHOW_WHEN_LOCKED);
        }

The modification only affects Android 5.0 (Lollipop) users. Let me ask you to test this version:
  • if you didn't have this bug, does this version introduce it for you? :)
  • if you did suffer from this bug, does 1.04beta1 fix it for you?
I am very grateful for all feedback!
Message has been deleted

Danny Loera

Nov 30, 2014, 2:37:04 PM11/30/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
sorry*

DYNA Logix

Nov 30, 2014, 3:06:32 PM11/30/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
I've just posted the updated version to the Google Play Store. It usually takes 1-2 hours (sometimes more) to appear for all. If you enrolled in the beta (link from the top intro post: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/dynalogix.hint2search) your Play Store app will automatically update to the beta version if it becomes available.

Danny Loera

Nov 30, 2014, 4:02:05 PM11/30/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Happy to report that hint2search now works flawlessly on Lollipop! Unlocks the screen and pings directly into my ear.

DYNA Logix

Dec 1, 2014, 5:40:51 AM12/1/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Danny, very good news. This confirms it for the Nexus 4 then. I hope to hear from at least one Nexus 5 user and others with non-Nexus lollipop, because I made this alternative unlock for all devices on Lollipop. I wouldn't want to break it for anybody.

In the new v1.04beta2 version I made this setting switchable on non-lollipop devices (except Samsungs). I try to minimize the number of switches to keep the app simple, so this option is hidden for lollipop users (it's automatically turned on) and for Samsung users because I have enough Samsung devices to test it (there it's turned off).

If you are using pre-lollipop and unlock doesn't work for you you can try this switch: "Unlock workaround":

I need your feedback, thank you!

Daniel Warner

Dec 1, 2014, 11:09:30 AM12/1/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, my Nexus 5 is running stock Lollipop and as long as I have the Google Now settings option to "record audio through bluetooth headset if available" it works perfectly! From what I could tell it would unlock the screen and activate Google Now but if it was listening through the phones mic for my command, now with that option turned on it listens from the headset.

This is great!

DYNA Logix

Dec 1, 2014, 11:15:59 AM12/1/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Daniel, so this means it's a thumbs up from you too, right?

I will wait for a few more comments from non-lollipop or non-nexus users whether I broke it for them (hopefully not) and then it goes to the "production channel"

Daniel Warner

Dec 1, 2014, 11:22:13 AM12/1/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that's a big thumb's up from me

Andy Dalton

Dec 2, 2014, 8:06:43 PM12/2/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I'm waiting for Sony to update my Xperia Z in late 2015 :/