Working Devices and a some Questions.

Robert Share

Nov 3, 2014, 6:06:32 AM11/3/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I joined so I could let you know your app is a lifesaver. Since the July update to Google search app, I was unable to use Now voice commands. I tried a couple other apps that restored the ability to use now when bluetooth button was pressed. They sometimes worked, but were mostly a fail. Neither had been updated in a long time.

Your Hint2Search app works like a charm! I was shocked that not only a second button press initiated correctly, but a third, forth, fifth, etc! Wow....it works!

So a question. Since I am having such good results using ver 1.02, should I try the beta? I'd hate to go backwards now that I found a real solution.

Lastly, I can confirm that the following devices are working beyond well:

  1. Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 Headset
  2. iSimpleTranzIt BLU HF (ISFM2351) Hand Free Car Kit

Thank you SO much!

Robert Share

Nov 18, 2014, 9:10:23 PM11/18/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
11/18/14 update.

Just wanted to give you an update on my testing with 1.03beta3. Just moved over to lollipop 5.0 on Nexus 5. Everything seems to be working great. Multiple launches from Bluetooth button seem to work even better than before. Just wanted you to know I have found no adverse problems while on lollipop.

I was hoping Google would fix the Bluetooth button press issue with this system update. Unfortunately, no! lol As much as I appreciate your app, it would be even better if I didn't need it. ;P (I would be lost without the ability to use voice commands from Bluetooth while driving! ... again Thank you!)

Do you by chance know why Google made the switch from full "Now" voice commands working to going back to only voice dialer while on BT? Is this just a bug, or was it a deliberate choice on their part?

DYNA Logix

Nov 25, 2014, 5:46:40 PM11/25/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
I am sure it's not a bug. This could be some BT standard. Old feature phones would give you a voice dialer on BT button press, so I imagine they try to be backwards compatible, or at least backwards consistent.

But I am definitely glad H2S still works well under Lollipop.