I'm already using bluetooth launch app. Now what do I do?

Terry Wysocki

Nov 8, 2014, 9:21:49 PM11/8/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
I've been fairly happy with the Bluetooth Launch app on my Galaxy S5 which I'm using after disabling S-Voice. However, once I trigger Google Now with a bluetooth device, GN stays on screen and I have to fish my phone out and close it before I can issue another command. If I install Hint2Search, do I just de-install Bluetooth Launch and install Hint2Search, or would more be involved?

DYNA Logix

Nov 8, 2014, 9:32:50 PM11/8/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
After you install Hint2Search, the next time you press the headset button the you will have the chance to select which app to handle to button press. Select Hint2Search.  At least, that is how it should work.

Then if you ever want to select a different app (or go back to BTL) you can clear the defaults (it's accessible from the recent apps screen using the pie-chart icon)

Terry Wysocki

Nov 10, 2014, 2:35:25 PM11/10/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
I deinstalled bluetooth launcher then installed h2s on my Galaxy S5. The S-voice app was already turned off so I left it that way. I then connected to my bluetooth headset (Sena SM10 on motorcycle helmet) and triggered BT.  The phone showed me Hint2Search as one of the choices to process the command, so I selected "always". It did start google search as I expected and I asked "how many miles to los angeles". It displayed the answer but then just sat there. I grabbed the phone and clicked the "back" button repeatedly, but it was hung up in a loop between google search and hint2search. I finally had to turn the phone off.

I tried the same thing with my Sony tuner in my car and got the same results. I would have played with it a little longer to try to figure it out but I had to uninstall the app  within 2 hours.  Has this ever been tested on a Samsung phone?

Michael

Nov 10, 2014, 3:44:21 PM11/10/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
I have the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and it seems to be working fine for me. On occasion it seems to glitch when I press the BT button on my Moto Hint and Google Now starts to listen but then stops listening and then I just click the mic icon on GN and it starts working fine again.

DYNA Logix

Nov 11, 2014, 1:23:35 AM11/11/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Terry, thanks for the detailed report.
1. It is developed on a Samsung Note 3.
2. It is supposed to stay on the Google Now page, in case you want to read further, but you can press the headset button multiple times to initiate more searches
3. I am planning to add a keyguard feature, which will put a slide to unlock shield over the screen if it detects it was started in the pocket
4. It's a mater of habit: Use the home key to exit out of Google Now instead of the Back key (although the beta version 1.03 attempts to solve this, have you tried it?)
5. Don't worry about the 2 hours refund window, I give unconditional refund to whoever asks, even a week after purchase.  Give it enough time to test. Just send me your order number (in your play store response email) to dyna.l...@gmail.com