General Questions

Cory Hug

Dec 4, 2014, 10:58:20 PM12/4/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
I just purchased this on a trial basis, and so far it's not doing what I want it to do.  I'm a little confused by the description so let me ask specifically whether it does or does not do these things.

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 with 4.4.2 KitKat.

1. Is Hint2Search supposed to unlock the screen (or bypass the lock) with a pattern/pin/password lock, or only from a swipe lock?

2. On my phone, it won't even unlock the swipe lock.  The phone wakes up to the "swipe" screen when I press the Bluetooth headset button, but it just sits there and goes back to sleep after 2 or 3 seconds.  I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that it's supposed to unlock from a swipe lock?  Am I incorrect, or what should I check?  (Hint2Search works fine if the phone is awake and unlocked when I press the Bluetooth headset button.)

3. Do I NEED to disable S-Voice for this to work?  (I did disable S-Voice to see if it fixed my issue #2, but it was no different.)  I actually like S-Voice and would like to continue to use it from the normal double-tap-home keypress.  The only thing I'm really trying to do using Hint2Search is bypass my lock screen using the Bluetooth headset so I can voice dial from the Bluetooth headset with a lock screen on.

Thank you.

DYNA Logix

Dec 5, 2014, 4:47:29 AM12/5/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for asking!

1. only swipe, no way around security. Lollipop/SmartLock could be your friend with this.
2. it should unlock swipe lock. Do you have the "unlock keyguard" option turned on?

3. well, if you get the above selector when you press the BT button you don't need to turn off SVoice. On some Samsung devices they don't let you change the default as long as SVoice is enabled, then you need to turn svoice off.

(From what you are describing it sounds to me there is a slight chance that you might be using S for Switch Voice too, and then it's not even H2S which does the switching for you. Isn't that the case?)

Cory Hug

Dec 6, 2014, 12:46:05 PM12/6/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately I'm looking for a way to bypass a pin/password lock, so it obviously won't work for me.  I'll need to ask for a refund.  I've just uninstalled it.  Do I need to do anything specific to ask for a refund, or can you issue it based on this request in this message.

DYNA Logix

Dec 6, 2014, 2:17:33 PM12/6/14
For the pin/password people are using the SmartLock feature of Lollipop, which is supposed to unlock the security lock when selected bluetooth devices are connected to the phone. I haven't had a chance to test it myself, but this is what I gather.

On pre-lollipop devices you can try the app SkipLock which does something similar: http://sfsv.dataglobe.eu/#lock

But if this is not the solution for you, for the refund I will need your order number, please send it to my email: dyna.l...@gmail.com

Cory Hug

Dec 13, 2014, 7:34:07 PM12/13/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
As you requested, I sent a request for a refund to your dyna.l...@gmail.com email address on December 6 after uninstalling Hint2Search.  I still have not received that refund.  I just sent a reminder email to you, but thought I'd post a quick note here too to be on the lookout for it.  Thank you.

DYNA Logix

Dec 14, 2014, 2:03:04 AM12/14/14
to hint2search-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, there was a mix up, I did the refund now (sent you the receipt).

Adrian Amoroso

Feb 26, 2016, 3:16:29 AM2/26/16
to Hint2Search beta testers
Sadly, some people will be in my boat - wanting to sync to Exchange Server for work email.  In this case smart lock is disabled by the exchange administrator - which forces a pin or password (amongst other security features) :(