---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hisham <his...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:17 AM
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] India Chapter & Foundation : Sep 2011 : Meeting Update
To: Wikimedia India Community list <wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.org
Tele conference of Wikimedia India (Wikimedia chapter) and Wikimedia Foundation took place on 28 Sep 2011. Here is an updateChapter Update
- Naveen, Sudhanwa, Tinu who are elected in the recent EC elections introduced themselves. Naveen has rich experience on several India focussed wikiprojects, Sudhanwa is a well known name among FOSS projects in India and Tinu has done a lot to promote wikimedia communities across India. Detailed profile at http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Wikimedia_India_Chapter_Executive_Committee_Members
- Asaf gave a brief introduction of his role. He works on supporting communities and chapters in emerging countries such as India and heads up the Wikimedia Grants program globally.
- Asaf and Hisham welcomed the new members. They thanked Gautam, outgoing Chapter Secretary for his excellent contributions to the movement.
- Arjun explained that FCRA application will be initiated now that the AGM is done and EC elections are completed.
- He said that Chapter is in close touch with Wiki Conf India team and is extended the best possible support.
- 1st WikiAcademy with the Department of Public Libraries, Karnataka for their senior Library professionals was held on 12 Sep 2011. Over 30 people attended the event. Report of the event
- Some leads have been generated as a result of the sharing of the report of first wiki academy. EC team is planning to conduct more such events and requested for the support of Wikimedians across India and India Program office staff.
Collaboration on projects
- Hisham gave an update on Education Program. He talked about the increase in number of Campus Ambassadors and enrolling Online Ambassadors to extend support to the students to produce quality articles and to help them understand Wikimedia content guidelines.
- He mentioned that Shiju has started work and will soon be sharing an update to the community on how he will be developing an Indic languages plan. There are plans for workshops to understand indic language wikipedia learnings, challenges & opportunities. The objective is to identify potential project pilots. Arjun suggested to include wiki academies as part of the workshops with the support of Wikimedia members or senior Wikipedians from the community as the same can be beneficial for the objectives.
- Independent public trust setup is in progress
- Wiki Conference India. Team reviewed the status of the planning for conference and agreed to extend additional help to the conference team. Hisham said that he has been mentoring Pranav and Pradeep on several conference planning topics and also wanted the EC to provide additional timely help on priority areas like payment process and program. Arjun clarified that Gautam and Arun, Chapter representatives on Conf organising committee have been participating fully in various discussions and extending timely help. Chapter also had a call with Conf OC to understand the priorities and provide additional support as required.
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
To unsubscribe / mailing option visit https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimediaindia-l