HikariCP 1.2.6 released

Brett Wooldridge

Jan 14, 2014, 7:56:16 PM1/14/14
to hika...@googlegroups.com
HikariCP 1.2.6 has been released and the artifacts published to the Maven Central Repository.

Changes between 1.2.5 and 1.2.6

 *) Fixed regression that caused IndexOutOfBounds when multiple unclosed

    Statements existed at the time of Connection.close().

 *) Fixed incorrect pom.xml dependency on Hibernate.

Changes between 1.2.4 and 1.2.5

 *) Instrumentation mode (agent) removed due to narrowing gap between

    delegation mode and instrumentation (and to simplify the code base).

 *) Added setDataSource() to HikariConfig to allow a DataSource instance

    to be explicitly wrapped by the pool.  Only available when creating

    HikariConfig programmatically or constructing HikariConfig from a

    java.util.Properties instance.

 *) Fixed Hibernate threading issue (certain usage patterns) introduced

    in 1.2.2.

 *) Fixed issue observed with PostgreSQL whereby the query that tests the

    connection for "aliveness" also starts a transaction (when auto-commit

    is false), thereby causing a later failure when we tried to set the

    transaction isolation level.

 *) Fixed issue where idleTimeout could not be set to 0, thereby disabling

    it. Incorrect value validation caused 0 to be rejected as a valid value.

If you encounter any issues with HikariCP please report them on the github.com issue tracker.

Mark Anderson

Jan 15, 2014, 12:28:29 AM1/15/14
to hika...@googlegroups.com
With this change (1.2.6) I was able to plug it in as an alternative to BoneCP, using the new setDataSource api.
Working fine on a 2-cpu box against SQL Server. Hopefully within a week I'll be able to try it on a 32-cpu box.

It is great to have a performant alternative, just as insurance, so that if one or the other pool
implementation starts behaving strangely, I can switch to the other one.

-mda

David Harrigan

Jan 15, 2014, 5:32:54 AM1/15/14
to hika...@googlegroups.com
w00t!

Thanks for the update. Fantastic! Best release EVAR! ;-)

-=david=-

Thomas Zimmermann

Jan 16, 2014, 3:34:04 AM1/16/14
to hika...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

I also like the new setDataSource API, makes programmatic instantiation much more IDE friendly.

By the way: Now that instrumentation mode is streamlined away, is the tools.jar dependency in the pom.xml still neded? I just noticed this in Netbeans' dependency graph.

Best regards,
Thomas / zimmi