Thanks for share HikariCP, im using it!

Reynaldo Bernard De Dios De La Cruz

Jan 23, 2020, 6:14:06 PM1/23/20
to HikariCP
Thanks so much for share HikariCP im using HikariCP in a gameserver. I am from México and i am developing a MMORPG gameserver written in Java.

I wanted to express my gratitude for this wonderful tool and for the time they have dedicated. I also wanted to let you know that I use it in my project.

I will leave the repository link: https://sourceforge.net/p/l2jfrozen/code/commit_browser

If you have any suggestions to improve the project do not hesitate to tell me

ea.png

I know I use a "a bit old" version but I am trying to upgrade to the latest version of HikariCP.

Brett Wooldridge

Jan 24, 2020, 5:36:46 AM1/24/20
to HikariCP
Congratulations on your project, it looks very cool!  You're versions isn't too old, but it is definitely a good idea to keep current in the long term.

-Brett

Reynaldo Bernard De Dios De La Cruz

Jan 24, 2020, 5:49:35 PM1/24/20
to HikariCP
Hello Brett, speaking about LTS (long term support) is there a link where i can see this information? HikariCP LTS version. I usually look at commits in the "dev" branch of the repository on GitHub

Brett Wooldridge

Jan 25, 2020, 12:39:00 AM1/25/20
to HikariCP
There is no LTS version of HikariCP. As an open source project with one author, committing to long term support for specific versions is not feasible.

However, especially since 3.x, and in particular 3.4.x, I consider HikariCP extremely stable and production ready. The kinds of issues that arise now are almost exclusively edge cases that affect very specific environments or usages and rarely affect more than a single or handful of users. Which is saying a lot given that HikariCP is approaching 3 million downloads per month.

Reynaldo Bernard De Dios De La Cruz

Jan 28, 2020, 6:43:00 PM1/28/20
to HikariCP
Hi, thanks a lot for the explanation.