Hikari Connection Pool issue with Latest Spring Boot and Hibernate version

Ashish Garg

Feb 21, 2024, 12:30:23 AMFeb 21
to HikariCP
HI Team,

We are in process of migrating from Springboot 2 to Spring boot 3, and in the process also we are migrating to hibernate 5 to 6 as well,

We are running approx 22 Integration test case when building the PR, and encountering
'Unable to acquire JDBC Connection [HikariPool-1 - Connection is not available, request timed out after 30000ms (total=10, active=10, idle=0, waiting=15)] [n/a]')

and
error = 'Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction')
However i understand that the connection pool is not available with the connection, But we tried to upgrade the connection pool with below :

datasource:

hikari:

maximum-pool-size: 40

connection-timeout: 60000

minimum-idle: 30

idle-timeout: 120000

leak-detection-threshold: 60000 But no change at all, Also the same is working on existing version, is there any change that you could suggest to handle the same with respect to hibernate 6.