HikariCP for KDB

John Young

Apr 15, 2022, 5:34:18 AM4/15/22
to HikariCP
Hello,

I would like to use HikariCP to create a connection pool for for KX's KDB database.  There is a JDBC driver available for KDB, however, the implementation I've seen is pretty minimalistic, and a few methods just throw SQLFeatureNotSupportedException exceptions.  Since HikariCP makes calls to these methods, the KDB JDBC driver is unsuitable to use with HikariCP.

The KDB JDBC driver makes calls through to the low level c.java connector, which is much more interesting to KDB developers since it gives them access to the powerful 'q' functions which most KDB users would prefer to use.  Therefore, I would like to steal the pool part of HikariCP and replace the java.sql.Connector with a c.java wrapper.

A search for 'KDB' in this forum yields no results, so I don't think that this has been considered before.  I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has worked on KDB or similar projects with any advice that they can give.

Thanks for reading.

-John