Deleting database after its already in the pool

Justin So

Jun 23, 2019, 10:02:53 PM6/23/19
to HikariCP
Hello,

I observed the following behavior and was wondering if there is a fix for it:

I have a connection in the CP. If I delete the database that it is connected to and try to make a request to that database, it seems like the connection pool will continuously make requests to the database even though the connection is dead. I traced the request and the error message is:
Audit Login Failure, Login failed for user <user>. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database <Database name>

I tried to set the ValidationTimeout and also tried to set both the ConnectionTimeout and the Validation timeout but neither of those seem to do anything. It'll stop making requests after an hour because I have set the pool to only allow connections to stay in there for an hour but is there a way to have the pool kick out a connection if it is fails to login?

Thank you!