HikariCP 2.1.0 has been released and the artifacts published to the Maven Central Repository.
Java 6 / 7 artifact:
Changes between 2.0.1 and 2.1.0
* Significant internal refactor supporting creation of new proxy instances
(throwaway) around Connections for each call to getConnection(). This
can avoid issues when a thread continues to try to use a connection
after it is closed [returned to the pool].
* Allow HikariConfig(String propertyFileName) to load properties file from
classloader as a stream, with fall-back to the file-system.
* Allow loading of properties file specified by hikaricp.configurationFile
system property when using the default HikariConfig() or HikariDataSource()
* Fixed accounting issue with totalConnections when aborting connections
during shutdown, causing a warning message to be logged.
* Fixed regression in Java 8 codeline that would prevent minimumIdle from
being set before maxPoolSize.
* Fixed regression with Tomcat carping about ThreadLocal variables held after
web application restart
* Change to make HikariConfig.getTransactionIsolation()/setTransactionIsolation()
follow proper bean semantics.
* Fixed issue where connections created in the pool would skip the alive check
the first time they were used.
If you encounter any issues with HikariCP please report them on the github.com issue tracker.