Saudi Arabia's decision is against Sharia !!!

Chief Editor, Hijri Committee of India

Oct 5, 2016, 5:52:38 AM10/5/16
to webm...@shura.gov.sa, Qamar Uddin, Salman Shaikh, omara...@yahoo.com, sultan alam, Abdul Samad, Ahmed Sahib, Abdullateef Sheik Uthman, Irshad Sait, DR A. MOHAMED Ali, rep...@hilalsighting.org, Anees Aluva, Moon Sighting UK, Siraj, Aboobacker K.V., Suhail KK, Muzammil Siddiqi, Abdulrahim Rahim, Mohammad Odeh

BISMILAAHI   R'RAHMAANI   R'RAHEEM

Dear Brothers in Islam

 Assalaamu Alaikkum wa Rahathullaahi wa Barakaathu hu

It is with much anguish and disappointment  we came across the news

that Saudi Arabia has decided to abandon the Hijri Calendar for paying  salary  and

has decided to follow Gregorian Calendar.   This decision was most unfortunate

and unethical . Above all it is UNISLAMIC and against the Sharia.

For centuries Saudi Arabia was following Hijri Calendar and from 1300H till 1420 H,

 Saudi Arabia followed the Original Ummul Qurra Hijri Calendar  not only to pay

salary but  used also for all purposes,  civil as well as religious adhering  strictly

to the direction in Noble Qur’aan verse 2:189 –“ MAWAAQEETHU  LI NAASSI

WAL  HAJJ”  and the dates were exactly tallying with moon-phases.

But from 1420 H certain un-scientific and un-Islamic conditions were

Introduced in Original Ummul Qurrah calendar  and Hijri dates

of some months, including those of Sacred months,   became erratic and

inconsistent.

Before 1920 AD, Turkey was the Custodian of Holy Masjids. In 1920 AD they

abandoned the Hijri Calendar and opted for Gregorian Calendar and that

might be  one of reasons, we presume, for Turkey losing the Custodianship of Holy

Masjids, leadership of Muslim Ummah  and all its glory.  ITHAQULLAAH !!

The recent decision of Saudi King to abandon the Hijri Calendar, preferring

Gregorian Calendar  as a measure to ease the financial crunch, was inopportune,

regrettable, adverse and against  the Sharia.  By opting for the Gregorian

calendar which has nearly 11 days more than Hijri Calendar, Saudi authorities

are planning to usurp illegally, 11 days of salary per year which amounts to

one month”s salary every three years.

In other words, an employee is denied salary for a month every three years

which, according to common sense, is cheating or depriving the employee

of his rightful salary for a month.   Such amount if taken by the authorities fall

under HARAAM.   Saudi Arabian authorities accumulating haraam wealth !!!

It was least expected.   ASTAGFIRULLAAH !!!

The Corporate business people whose major aim is to acquire more profits, by

Hook or by crook,  opt for Gregorian Calendar to exploit and cheat the employees of

One month”s salary every three years.  They can indulge in such unethical,

inhuman means.  But why Saudi Arabia falling into league with these unscrupulous

Corporate blood-suckers ???

By adopting Gregorian Calendar, the Saudi authorities are exploiting and fleecing

its employees.  Such unlawful and devious attitude was never expected from Saudi

Arabia.  To ease the financial crunch or recession they could have made further cut

in the wages instead of adopting haraam ways.  An employee is entitled to his lawful

salary and should not be deprived of his Rights, ITHAQULLAAH !!

Our beloved Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) has taught us  the duration

of a month as of 29 or 30 days.  Then why the Saudi authorities are going against

such  teachings ???

We wonder why the scholars  around the world especially those in Saudi Arabia

are keeping silent, when Saudi Arabia abandoned  Allaah’s Calendar??   Are they

not aware that verse 9:36 advices about Lunar Calendar (Hijri) with four

Sacred months??    Are they not aware that verse 2:189 categorically directs

one to follow the dates shown by Ahillah for Civil as well as for religious purposes ??

Why they are not advising the King and the authorities of what Sharia teaches ??

Why are they keeping silent ?? What justification they have for adopting

erroneous Gregorian Calendar ??

We remind all scholars worldwide especially those in Saudi Arabia to advice

Saudi Arabia as per Sharia so that they switch back to Allaah’s Calendar as

taught through verses 2:189;  10:5; 9:36-37; 36:39; 55:5; 6:96.  We remind

all that it is now mandatory on each one  of us, in fact on all Muslims, to take steps to

correct the wrong stance of Saudi Arabia in this regard.

Saudi Arabia which follows the Noble Qur’aan and Sunnah should not have

subscribed to the exploitive ideas mooted  by unethical minds as a measure to

ease the present financial crunch.    Instead of these un-Islamic measures, they should

have prayed to Almighty Allaah for the remedy.  Allaahu Khairur Raaziqeen.

As Muslims our ultimate aim has to be seeking the pleasure of Almighty Allaah

and to gain a place in Jannathul Firdouse, by HIS Grace and Mercy.  By usurping or

consuming haraam wealth, how can a Muslim even hope for such a reward ??

In the name of Almighty Allaah we request Saudi Authorities to switch back to adopting

Original Ummul Qurra Hijri Calendar which they were following till 1420 H and not to

indulge in deceieving/betraying/usurping the rightful earnings of its employees.

May Almighty Allaah forgive all our sins,  faults and errors.  Aameen.

May Almighty Allaah keep all of us in the Right Path. Aameen.

May Almighty Allaah provide all of us with a place in Jannathul Firdouse

along with our mates, parents, fore-parents, offsprings and their mates. Aameen

 ​

 Ma Salaam

For HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA

IRSHAD  SAIT  N. M.

HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA

7/858 B, AWH Building
S. M. STREET
KOZHIKODE - 673001. INDIA

To read our earlier mails and to know more about True Hijri Calendar, please visit:

for English Language:

https://www.facebook.com/islamicmonth

http://www.islamic-month-en.blogspot.in

for Malayalam & Tamil Languages: