Next Tuesday is the 1st of J. Awwal 1437

Chief Editor, Hijri Committee of India

Feb 2, 2016, 10:22:22 AM2/2/16
to webm...@shura.gov.sa, moonsighting ., Qamar Uddin, Salman Shaikh, omara...@yahoo.com, sultan alam, Abdul Samad, Ahmed Sahib, Abdullateef Sheik Uthman, Irshad Sait, DR A. MOHAMED Ali, rep...@hilalsighting.org, Anees Aluva, Moon Sighting UK, Siraj, Aboobacker K.V., Suhail KK, Muzammil Siddiqi, Abdulrahim Rahim, Mohammad Odeh
(BISMILAAHI   R'RAHMAANI   R'RAHEEM)

​Dear Brothers & Sisters,

Assalaamu alaikkum wa Rahmathullaahi wa Barakaathu hu

​Yesterday,
 Monday, 22 nd Rabbiul Aakhir  ( 01 Feb) at Fajr the moon was exactly half
and was overhead.

On Tuesday - today, 23rd Rabbiul Aakhir (02  F
​​
eb) the line has caved in and the horns
too were prominent as well as distinct  giving it
​ ​
​the
 shape of a big Crescent.

Since the moon attained the shape of a big crescent,  in the Last Quarter on a  Tuesday,
the following  Tuesday  (09 Feb)   will be the 1st of the new month ie.   Jammaathil
Awwal 1437.

If one keeps on watching the moon at Fajr in coming days one can see the moon becoming
thinner and thinner and its position coming  closer and closer to Eastern horizon, day  by day.
On coming Sunday, 28th Ra
​b​
bi
​ul
 Aakhir (07 Feb) one can see "Al urjoon Al qadeem"
described in Noble Qur'aan in verse 36:39 as the last visible phase for a month.

On  Monday,  29th of Rabbiul Aakhir  (08 Feb) waning  moon will not be seen anywhere
in the world as it is the Day of Conjunction and the Prophet ( Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam )
has described such a day as GUMMA,  GUBBIYYA, KHAFFÌYA etc.

Monday (08 Feb) is  the last day of Rabbiul Aakhir  1437 which has only 29 days
- from Monday to Monday.

​​
The month of Jammaathil Awwal 1437 starts from Fajr of Tuesday (09 Feb).

We request all to observe all the phases of the moon throughout the year especially those of
Sha'baan as it was the   Sunnah of Rasool ( Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam ) .

May Almighty Allaah forgive all our sins and may HE the Almighty provide all of us with
a place in Jannathul Firdouse. Aameen

Wa salaam

For HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA

IRSHAD  SAIT  N. M.
(Chief Editor)

HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA

7/858 B, AWH Building
S. M. STREET
KOZHIKODE - 673001. INDIA

To read our earlier mails and to know more about True Hijri Calendar, please visit:

for English Language:

https://www.facebook.com/islamicmonth

http://www.islamic-month-en.blogspot.in

for Malayalam & Tamil Languages: