We swear that Eidul Fitre 1439 is on Thursday

Chief Editor, Hijri Committee of India

Jun 12, 2018, 10:40:06 AM6/12/18
to webm...@shura.gov.sa, Qamar Uddin, Shaikh, Salman Z (Salman), omara...@yahoo.com, sultan alam, Abdul Samad, Ahmed Sahib, Abdullateef, irsha...@gmail.com, Dr. Mohamed Ali, /cigmanager@rediffmail.com <cigmanager@rediffmail.com>, cptrafat@gmail.com <cptrafat@gmail.com>, cssearchin@aol.com <cssearchin@aol.com>, durrani.hilalsighting@gmail.com <durrani.hilalsighting@gmail.com>, dr.suhaib.hasan@gmail.com <dr.suhaib.hasan@gmail.com>, dr.umarazam@gmail.com <dr.umarazam@gmail.com>, email@drsiddiqi.com, <email@drsiddiqi.com>, lheedan@yahoo.com <lheedan@yahoo.com>, pranotohr@yahoo.com.sg <pranotohr@yahoo.com.sg>, salshehri@kacst.edu.sa <salshehri@kacst.edu.sa, report@hilalsighting.org <report@hilalsighting.org>, saif.cev@gmail.com <saif.cev@gmail.com>, versatileraf@yahoo.com, <zalmostafa@kacst.edu.sa>, slaguindab@yahoo.com, “ Dr Khalid Al Zaaq”< K055144022@hotmail.com>, Mohamed fahath <mhd.fahath@gmail.com>, HCI Raja, Anees, Moon Sighting UK, eruvadi, Aboobacker K.V., Suhail KK, Muzammil Siddiqi, Abdul Raheem Hijra Committe, Mohammad Odeh, shaukat
BISMILAAHI   R'RAHMAANI   R'RAHEEM

Dear Brothers in Islaam

Assalaamu Alaikkum wa Rahmathullaahi wa Barakaathu hu

"Al urjoonal qadeem" (last visible phase for a month as described in verse 36:39)
of  Ramdhaan  1439 was seen at many places today (Tuesday).
It was about  11.5 degrees above the horizon  and the horns were at   5 & 9 positions.
 The thin appearance  and its position  on the Eastern horizon confirm that
it will not be seen tomorrow (Wednesday)t) and that  Wednesday   is the Day of Conjunction.

Ibn Katheer (Rah) while explaining verse 71:16 says that the complete veiling/shadowing
of moon marks the passing / end of a month.   So it is correct as per Sharia to consider  the Day
of Conjunction as the last day of the month.

Hence,  Thursday is the first of Shawwaal 1439 or EIDUL FITRE 1439 for all Muslims in the world  and  Hence NO Muslim must fast on that Thursday.

Hijri Committee uf India  has observed all the phases of Ramdhaan  as practiced   by the Prophet Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam). ALHUMDULILLAH !

More over, according to the Astronomical calculations, the moon sets after the setting
of Sun on  Wednessday (13th June) at  many  places in the world.  We are giving below few
places where Moon sets after the setting of Sun on Wednesday(13th June):

1)  Santiago (Chile) - Moon sets  nearly 12 minutes after Sun-set
2)  South San Fransico  - Moon sets  nearly 2 minutes after sun-set
​
3)  Honolulu (Hawai) - Moon sets  15 minutes  ​after Sun-set.

Though considering the Moonset-Sunset difference in order to start a new lunar month is not astronomically always correct,  we have given the above data
​only ​
to prove
that the hilaal gets established on Wednesday - the
​ Day of Conjunction itself and hence
starting the new month at Fajr  on the following
day (Thursday) is correct as per Sharia.

Additionally, you may please note that at majority of places in the world, moon rises after the Sun on Thursday  (14 th June)
​.  ​
 Moon rises aft
​e​
r sun, follows it and appears  at the Western
sky after Sun-set.  This is what Noble Qur'aan says in Surrah As Shums
(wal qamari izza talaaha ...).

Please refer the explanation given in Tafsir Ibn Katheer  for Verses 91:1 & 2. You will
see that the Sahaba (RA) knew about this phenomenon of moon rising after the Sun & its
 following the Sun occurring on the first day of the month.  The Sahaba (RA) knew that by the time  hilaal becomes visible on the West, the day-light part of the first day will be over.  If one waits for seeing the setting moon on the West in order to start the new month, one will lose the fast of the first day (in case of Ramdhaan) and may commit the sin of fasting on Eid day (in case of Shawwal).   Both are forbidden in Islaam.

All the above facts confirm that Thursday  (14th June) is the first day of Shawwaal 1439 and it is the Day of Eid.

​Considering all the above-mentioned facts, we take the following swearing:​

We, Members of Hijri Committee
​ of India do ​

hereby bear witness that

there is no Deity worthy of worship except Almighty Allah  and that
Muhammed (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) is His Messenger and Slave
("Ash Hadu An Laa Ilaa ha IllAllah Wa Ash  Hadu An Na Muhammadan
Abduhu Wa Rasooluhu")  and

 we, Members of Hijri Committee of India  further bear witness that  1st of  Shawwaal 1439  starts at Fajr on  Thursday   (14th June 2018) & that it is the Day of Eidul Fitre and request  Muslims all over the world NOT to fast on Thursday - the Day of Eidul Fitre.

We once again request the Saudi authorities to switch back to the Original
Ummul Qurrah followed by them till 1420 H, which has the correct criteria for a
Universal Calendar - enabling the  start of  all the Hijri months on correct day of the
week & 100% in accordance with Sharia.

May Almighty Allah forgive all our sins and may He, the Almighty accept our good deeds
and reward all of us immensely  in this world as well as in the Hereafter and
provide all of us with a place in Jannathul Firdouse. Aameen

MWith Dua & SalaamSalaam

​​
For HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA

IRSHAD  NOOR MOHAMED  SAIT   (President)

P. MOHAMED SIRAJUDEEN    (C
hief  Organiser)​

For HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA

IRSHAD  SAIT  N. M.

HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA

7/858 B, AWH Building
S. M. STREET
KOZHIKODE - 673001. INDIA

To read our earlier mails and to know more about True Hijri Calendar, please visit:

for English Language:

https://www.facebook.com/islamicmonth

http://www.islamic-month-en.blogspot.in

for Malayalam & Tamil Languages: