Sha'baan 1438 starts on Thursday at Fajr

Chief Editor, Hijri Committee of India

Apr 24, 2017, 12:39:00 PM4/24/17
to webm...@shura.gov.sa, Qamar Uddin, Salman Shaikh, omara...@yahoo.com, sultan alam, Abdul Samad, Ahmed Sahib, Abdullateef Sheik Uthman, Irshad Sait, DR A. MOHAMED Ali, rep...@hilalsighting.org, Anees Aluva, Moon Sighting UK, Siraj, Aboobacker K.V., Suhail KK, Muzammil Siddiqi, Abdulrahim Rahim, Mohammad Odeh
​​
BISMILAAHI   R'RAHMAANI   R'RAHEEM

Dear  Brothers & Sisters

Assalaamu alaikkum
​Wa Rahmathullaahi Wa Barakaathu hu
.
Kindly Watch
​​
Al URJOONAL QADEEM
 like phase of moon  tomorrow  (Tuesday -28th of Rajab 1438) at Fajr time on Eastern sky.  It will be seen as too thin and very close to the horizon.
​
​​
Al Urjoonal qadeem
 like phase  is described in Noble Qur'aan in verse 36 : 39 as  the last visible phase of the moon for a month.

Wednesday 29th of Rajab -  (26th April) is the Conjunction Day  which is the last day of this month.
​
Waning moon will
​not
be seen from anywhere in the world on that Wednesday
​.

Rasool (Sallallaahu alaihi
​
wa sallam) has described such an event (conjunction) as
​​
GUMMA, GUBBIYYA, KHAFFÌYA
 etc.    As these words do not mean "clouds"
​.
Ghummah used in h
​a
deeth
​​
" ...Soomoo Li ruyiathi hi ...
."
too does not mean "clouds".
​
All these words including ```Ghummah``` clearly indicate or describe CONJUNCTION.

​​
Sha'baan 1438  starts at Fajr on Thursday (27th of April) for the whole world
.

It was not the practice of the Prophet ( Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam ) to search the SETTING hilaal on the West and then to start the new month after seeing it.
There is no authentic hadeeth to that effect.  We have been asking for such an authentic one for many decades. No one has produced any such hadees so far.

Authentic hadeeth in fact  says that
​t
he Prophet  (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam ) observed all the phases of the moon throughout the year especially those of Sha'baan.  We request all to follow this Sunnah.

We also request all Muslims to study the subject more thoroughly without prejudice  and to follow the correct calendar which has dates tallying exactly with moon phases as directed in verse 2:189.

Those who require the Ebook on Hijri calendar may send their email  ID to
​us so
 that we can send the soft copy. In Shaa Allaah.

May Almighty Allaah forgive all our sins and may HE the Almighty provide all of us with a place in Jannathul Firdouse. Aameen.

Ma salaam

​For
HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA

​IRSHAD SAIT N. M