Reply 3:"Our Prophet himself used to sight the moon" - The hadeeths quoted by Sultan Alam/Omar Afzal are weak !!!

Chief Editor, Hijri Committee of India

Dec 1, 2012, 2:14:13 PM12/1/12
to shaukat, Alam Sultan, omara...@yahoo.com, Omar Afzal, moon_s...@yahoogroups.com, Qamar Uddin, salman...@alcatel-lucent.com, qud...@icoproject.org, mo...@icoproject.org, ILYASM_DR, mily...@hotmail.com, Alig Adelaide, drsi...@aol.com, zulfiq...@aol.com, saeed i, Shamim Siddiqui, Dr Muawia Shaddad, Ruyat Shahid, Zakariyya Twist, Mohib Durrani new, shah...@yahoo.com, imam...@yahoo.com, imamb...@yahoo.com, dram...@gmail.com, sanis...@gmail.com, fi...@rcn.com, aln...@hotmail.com, jif...@yahoo.com, zahir...@mail.com, spa-di...@spa.gov.sa, amin....@hotmail.com, scha...@optonline.net, sajids...@gmail.com, mamar...@aol.com, sult...@msn.com, shoaib...@gmail.com, kzas...@yahoo.com, Jav...@gmail.com, jawa...@yahoo.com, fof...@yahoo.com, zahid....@gmail.com, tsid...@gmail.com, AMAL...@aol.com, frankk...@hotmail.com, erfa...@yahoo.com, zaids...@sbcglobal.net, ira...@yahoo.com, sbu...@juno.com, ria...@yahoo.com, raza...@yahoo.com, drmoham...@gmail.com, sabee...@yahoo.com, Khalil timeandstra, youssef, nawab...@hotmail.com, abdulsa...@yahoo.com, abu ammar, Max Fazel, amag...@kacst.edu.sa, irsha...@gmail.com, sals...@kacst.edu.sa, sal...@kacst.edu.sa, zalmo...@kacst.edu.sa, hadif...@gmail.com
Dear Br. Khalid Shaukat / Br. Sultan Alam / Br. Omar Afzal

Wa Alaikkumu salaam wa Rahmathullaahi wa Barakaathu hu

We are surprised to receive your mail quoting again the hadees regarding supplication (Dua) on seeing the hilaal.

 In our earlier mails in response to the mails from you all, we have proved that these hadeeths are Daeef (weak) as per the opinion of eminent scholars. We have also quoted in our mails  these scholars, mufasireen.

We have attached the same for your ready reference to save the time of others. Others in the list would be remembering those quotes, even if you all would have forgotten it.

According to these scholars all these hadeeths are Daeef (Weak) and as such they cannot be taken as an evidences that the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) ever went in search of the hilaal on the western sky IN ORDER TO START THE NEW MONTH.

These hadeeths also do not prove  that one should start the new month after seeing the hilaal.  These hadeeths also do not say whether the dua be made only on the first day or one can make dua whenever one sees a hilaal, even on the 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th or 6th day  as the phases on all these days come under "hilaal".

In fact, these are substantiating as well as supporting the authentic hadeeth which says that the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) observed the phases throughout, especially those of Shabaan.  During such observations, the hilaal of the first day will be seen on the West sky AFTER the day-light part of the FIRST day is over.  You all are not propagting the Sunnah of observing the phases through-out. Instead, you all are propagating the Bid'ah of searching the hilaal on the West sky the 29th lunar day, in order to start the new month !!! What a pity !!!!

The Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) and the Sahaba (RA) saw the first hilaal after Magrib of the first day and of course, after breaking the fast, in case of Ramdhaan; after the day-part of the First day is over.

Whereas, you all are propagating the Bid'ah of starting the new month after seeing this first hilaal. The Sahaba (RA) knew very well that the day-light part of the first day is over by the time they (RA) saw the first hilaal. (Please refer the Tafsir Ibn Kathir where the explanation for Surrah Asshums - 91:1-2 - is given.  If you differ with what Ibn Kathir says please provide evidences to prove him wrong).

You may also study the Nakhala Valley hadeeth in which the Sahaba (RA) were having a doubt whether the hilaal they saw was of 3 days old or 2 days old.  Please note that they were not seeing the first hilaal. Also please note that it is not mentioned whether the dua which you have quoted for recitation  on seeing the hilaal, was made or not.  If the hadeeths which you have quoted in support of your Bid'ah is correct, they (RA) shouuld have made the dua definitely, as they (RA) were True Muslims.

Even a school boy will vouch that if the Islamic new month is started on 2 to 5 days after Conjunction (as said by Br. Omar Afzal) there will be 2 to 5 calendars.  In that case, how can one follow the hadeeth which says that the Day of Fasting is when the people fast and the Day of Eid is on the day people celebrate Eid !!!

 We would like to clarify that this hadeeth does not permit Muslims to unanimously select a day for Eid and Fasting and start them on such days.  Quran says that the moon-phases are the dates for the whole mankind and we must fast and feast on the correct days on which Shariah directs us to and these days have to tally with the moon-phases.  These dates should not be fixed at the whim and fancy of any human-being nor according to any visibility curves.

If we follow the advise of Br. Omar Afzal,  Lailathul Qadar will fall on odd as well as on even days and be occurring on 5 consecutive days throughout the world and such an occurrence will be  contrary to authentic hadeeth.  If Br. Omar Afzal sticks to his wrong concept, then he has to produce evidences from Quran and Hadeeth to prove that as per Sharia, Lailathul Qadr falling on odd as well as on even dates is correct and also that  its occurrence on 5 consecutive dates, at different parts of the world is correct.

Even a lay-man who has knowledge on the basics of Astronomy will vouch that on 29th or on the last day of a lunar month, no hilaal will be seen on the western sky after sun-set.  But, you all insist on such a sighting !!!   What a pity !!!!

When you start the new month after 4 or 5 days of conjunction, you can see the hilaal on your 27th day itself on the western sky. The reason is that you started the month on the 4th or 5th lunar day !! The blame is on you and not on Sharia.

The Sharia is very clear and correct. The Tafsirs categorically state that the hilaal is seen only on the first day of the month after the day-light part of the first day is over ie., after sun-set of the first day.  Still you are adamantly hanging on weak hadeeths to propagate a Bid'ah !!

80-90% of your confusion would have been cleared if you could ponder on the evidences we produced from Quran and Hadeeth to prove that the 24-hour period in Islam starts at Fajr and not at Magrib.  But, you adamantly hang on to weak hadeeths to propagate a Bid'ah !!

Please think over and study the evidences we have produced from Quran and Hadeeths and realise the fact that if one starts the new month after seeing the hilaal, the dates will never tally with the moon-phases and one will go astray and such an  action will be contrary to Quran 2:189. Is this what you want the Ummah to do ???

Br. Khalid Shaukat !! Please stop publishing the visibility curves in your site.   These curves are obstructing Ummah to be in the STRAIGHT PATH. We have informed you on many occasions the folly of these curves.  We have categorically told that the Visibility Curve of yours for Ramdhaan 1429 divided the Holy Ka'ba into two halves - one on the fasting side and the other on the non-fasting side  !!! Still you could not realise how un-wisely it is to propagate this innovation.

Those who want to know more about this in-famous Visibility Curve of Br. Khalid Shaukat may contact us for details.

Please ponder on the proofs we have produced form Quran and Hadees and stop propagating the Bid'ah of seeing the hilaal in order to start the new month.

 Meanwhile, please tell us :

1) Whether the hilaal will be seen on 28th or 29th on the western sky??

2)  If it cannot be seen on the Western sky, why the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) asked the Ummah, as alleged by you, to look for the invisible hilaal??

3)  Can "Urj Oonil Qadeem" seen on the pre-ultimate day of the month, at Fajr, on the Eastern sky be termed as "hilaal"/        Crescent??

4)  Is there a day in each month on which the moon will not be seen from anywhere in the earth?

5)  Do clouds or man's vision alter the start of the month??

6)  Should the Islamic date be one throughout the world or it can vary from man-made country to country or state to state??

7)  Does moon show different phases to different countries for, say, on a Friday ??

8)  If the new month can be started on any day depending on the visibility of hilaal or in other words,  if there is no strict rule to start the new month on a specific day and the only criteria is the visibility of hilaal, even if the first one seen is 2 or 3 days old, why the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi       wa sallam) took so much strain and hardship to observe the phases throughout especially  of those in the month of Shabban?? He (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) could have very well  started the  new month whenever the hilaal becomes visible even after 2 or 3 days or even 5 days, Is it not?

9)  Or the hilaal sighting people are accusing him of preaching something and practicing the opposite?? (NAUDUBILLAH)

10) If a baby was born in USA on a Friday and he was brought to his Grand-parents in India on a Sunday and if the Grand-parents insist that the baby was born only on  Sunday, the day they saw him and not on Friday as recorded in USA, are these grandparents sane or insane?? If the whole family or the society in India insist that the baby was born on Sunday, will it be valid ?? Can the day of birth be altered as "Sunday"??

All in this mail-list are requested to send their  answers to the above questions which will be helpful in continuing the discussions further.

May Almighty Allah forgive all our sins, errors and faults and May He, the Almighty provide all of us with a place in Jannathul Firdouse.  Aameen

Wa Salaam

For HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA
S. N. Mohamed Sultan
(Chief Editor)

HIJRI COMMITTEE OF INDIA
7/858 B, AWH Building
S. M. STREET
KOZHIKODE - 673001. INDIA
www.hijracalendar.com  www.hijracalendar.in  www.mooncalendar.in  www.hijracalendar.org

2012/11/15 K Shaukat <moonsi...@gmail.com>
assalamu alaikum,
Dear EditorHijri
This email from Sultan Alam of Pakistan shows many Ahadeeth about the prophet seeing the Hilal.
And the continuous amal of the Ummah for 14 centuries as accepted practice of all Muslims all over the world shows that sighting the Hilal is the Sunnah of our Prophet.

There is no Hadith about the Prophet asking us to see the Urjoonul-Qadeem.
Could you ignore all these ahadeeth about sighting Hilal by the Prophet?

Khalid Shaukat

2012/11/15 sultan alam <sultan...@yahoo.com>

Our Prophet sallallaho-alaihi-wasallam himself used to sight the moon, prayed

Supplication on seeing the hilaal.docx