[Biodiesel] moringa

Higuerillo y aceite de Ricino

Aug 2, 2008, 7:19:30 AM8/2/08
to higuerilla-garchive-80872

Post Expires: February 1, 2009

Bee products for Export

My name is Kunga Ngece. I am a Kenyan, and a young social entrepreneur in the field of conservation and development. I have about ten years international experience in establishing, and managing conservation based enterprises, including ecotourism sites, tours and travel, wild animal rearing, bee honey processing and packaging units, hive making units among others. It is on this basis that I am seeking for your support and or feedback into my social enterprise plan.

My plan revolves around establishment of a long term conservation strategy for our forests, and land, through engaging local people in tree planting and bee keeping for enterprise. In my day to day work, I have supported thousands of farmers establish tree farms, and honey bee apiaries. Unfortunately, their efforts are not rewarded 100% because the would be products are not processed, and if processed, they are done traditionally, hence do not fetch the real market value.

My immediate thinking is to tap into the many bee hives that I have sold to communities, which are producing honey, but which are barely processed. Middle men also freeze the farmers off their hard earned products at very little prices. I want to break the gap, support more bee keeping and purchase the honey at good market rates, process it professionally, and sell it locally and internationally.

Honey and other honey products (including propolis, candle and shoe polish wax) is in great demand in the international market. Presently, I have access to over 10,000 tons of honey in some two focal regions I have been working in for the last 8 years. I have access to another 20,000 tons of honey from other areas. All this if professionally packaged can fetch so much money for the farmers, for my company, for my partners and also create thousands of jobs to local people.

More-over, bee hives have been used as a conservation tool and my initiative will greatly contribute to environmental conservation.

I want to narrate another front my SME is undertaking. Through a system of Franchising, I am establishing 5 centres from where the activities of Creek shall be conducted. Each of the francises shall have a large scale tree nursery, where seedlings shall be raised and sold at very friendly rates to farmers. Not all trees shall be grown. A selected few species are targeted, including Mulberry, Moringa oleifera, Jatropha curcas and Amarula. By the age of 2 years, Mulberry will provide raw material for Juice making factory, and Silk Yarn spinning. Moringa will provide material for Moringa High Protein Food Supplement processing, and Moringa Juice. Jatropha will provide raw material for bio-diesel in one year's time, while Amarula will provide raw materials for wine making. From these trees we will get established the following in some selected areas.

a)     A Food Processing Factory to process Amarula Juice, Moringa Supplement, Moringa Juice and Mulberrry Juice.

b)     A Silk spinning yarn to process cloth from silk, which is as a product of mulberry.

c)      A Diesel and Kerosine processing factory from Jatropha pods.

d)     All the tree species will also contribute much to carbon trading program.

For maximum profit the SME plans the following.

a)     Establish a modern bee hive making plant in Njoro , Kenya . Bee hives shall be sold at subsidized rates to interested farmers, and for setting up apiaries.

b)     Establish a Honey processing and packaging plant in Nakuru , Kenya . The building of the plant is almost complete, and only requires honey processing equipments.

c)      Establish a Food processing factory in Meru. This will highly depend on raw material from the plants grown.

d)     Establish a Silk spinning plant in Nairobi . This will also act as the International Marketing office for the SME's products.

e)      Establish a Bio-diesel and Kerosene processing plant in Kitui.

3 trucks will be purchased to travel between the various Franchise areas to deliver and carry raw material and finished product.

Going back to the Honey and bees....

I already have access to 10,000 tons and an additional 20,000 tons immediately. What I require is equity financing, a loan, or a partnership to complete the bee products processing plant in Nakuru, to start processing and packaging the honey, propolis and wax. I have already talked to major supermarket chains in Kenya , pharmaceutical firms and some International Airlines who are willing to accept Creek-Kenya products, immediately. For professionalism, I intend to equip the plant in Nakuru will high quality processing machinery, and package the products with very good packaging and labelling materials.

This is the reason that I am writing to you, because I feel that my proposal for such an environmentally friendly SME is good, yet the immediate requirements are not so much. Apart from the Bee products plant, I intend to procure materials to establish the tree nurseries in 5 centres, purchase two light trucks to add up to the two vehicles I have already. These will help in collecting honey from the village, and transport the finished materials to the supermarkets and other sales points. The two I have will be used for marketing and some transport.

Profits generated from the bee products, bee hive sale and seedling sale will go a long way in establishing the other factories on a need to need basis.

With equity financing, a loan or a partner willing to support with approximately USD 100,000 to 150,000 the SME will be up and running, and many including the environment, and local farmers will benefit immensely.

I am very willing to supply additional information, including registration documents for the company, a bank statement, vehicle log books, land title deed where the plant is being established, photos, and a plan if need be.

Contact Information:
Kunga Ngece
Team Leader
Centre for Research in Environment Kenya
PO Box 19844-00100
Nairobi Kenya
+254 722 407558
creek...@yahoo.comemail address (requires JavaScript)

--
Para recibir noticias sobre sabila debe enviar un correo a productoresdes...@domeus.es recibira un mail que debe de inmediato "responder"
Para recibir noticias en biocombustibles debe enviar el mail a productoresdehig...@domeus.es y responder el mail que le llega.

Para proponer y comentar, visita el grupo, en la siguiente dirección: http://groups.google.es/group/anaprosar?hl=es.

También puede visitar: http://www.espacioblog.com/madr/ http://lacoctelera.com/higuerilla/ www.colombiaaloe.org

Asociacion Nacional de Productores de Sabila
ANAPROSAR
leon...@gmail.com
anap...@hotmail.com
anap...@yahoo.com
anap...@gmail.com
Telefonos: (57)(4)5805697
312 388 9008
315 514 4140
Medellin, Antioquia Colombia, Suramerica.

Para darse de baja de este grupo, click aqui

still...@googlemail.com

Mar 25, 2013, 7:40:47 PM3/25/13
to higue...@googlegroups.com, higuerilla-garchive-80872, Leon Jaime Restrepo Mejia, productores...@domeus.es
take a look at this great video, documentary about moringa from http://miracletrees.org/