PHP-FPM Process not dying

Satheesh M

Sep 3, 2018, 8:28:31 PM9/3/18
to highload-php-en
Hi Guyz,

I have php-fpm with php 5.4 - 30GB RAM 16 Cpus ..

pm=dynamic
pm.max_children = 400
pm.start_servers = 10
pm.min_spare_servers = 10
pm.max_spare_servers = 25
pm.max_requests=0 (unlimited)

It handling the request fast but after reaching the pm max php-fpm is becoming dead ..

The process is showing in running state and changing to idle but not dying it waiting for many hours .. after restarting the service only it getting clear .. how to fix this issue ..
The process creating but dying .. soon it reaching the limit ..

Anoop Alias

Sep 3, 2018, 9:04:28 PM9/3/18
to Highload Php En
Try :

pm.max_requests=10

as 0 means unlimited, which can lead to no process recycling and potential memory leaks etc

--

---

Anoop P Alias

Satheesh M

Sep 4, 2018, 2:36:12 AM9/4/18
to highload-php-en
for eg: if i give pm.max_requests=10 ... will it only handle 10 request per second ?
i am getting 0.5 million request per day approx ..

Nikola Filipović

Sep 4, 2018, 3:28:27 AM9/4/18
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
If I’m not mistaken, pm.max_requests will define how many requests should a process handle before it’s killed off.

Also if you have constant load and need quick  response, you might want to try going with static.

Joe

Sep 16, 2018, 5:04:56 PM9/16/18
to highload-php-en
 after reaching the pm max php-fpm is becoming dead
which setting are you talking about?
Define "dead".

pm.max_requests defines max requests per process instantiation. Set it to 20000 and see how it goes.