Youth Development Program Summer Application is Open!

Rodney Singleton

Mar 11, 2024, 9:14:24 PMMar 11
to highland-park-ne...@googlegroups.com, highlandp...@googlegroups.com
FYI from Robert Barney…..

From: Robert Barney <robert....@gmail.com>
Date: March 11, 2024 at 3:27:53 PM EDT
To: boston-district7...@googlegroups.com
Cc: Sandra Soto <san...@ibaboston.org>
Subject: Youth Development Program Summer Application is Open!

Passing this along to District 7 Community from Sandra Soto at IBA

Hi Community Partners,

Thank you all for your constant support of IBA Boston's Youth Development Program. We are excited to announce that our application for the Summer Cycle is live!

Program information: The Youth Development Program provides opportunities for youth to explore their identity and culture, tell their stories, and develop positive relationships with peers and adults. We focus on arts enrichment, civic engagement, academic support, financial empowerment, and job readiness during our daily workshops.

Application process: All youth must complete the IBA online application. Our priority deadline is April 12th. Once youth apply, they will be contacted to set up a job interview with YDP staff within two weeks.

Qualifications:

  • Boston resident

  • Enrolled in high school (BPS)

  • Between 14 and 18 years old

  • Legally permitted to work in the United States

  • Available to work Monday through Friday, 10am-4pm, July 8-Aug 16

Program structure: The program begins on July 8 and concludes August 16. Youth will be expected to work from 10am-4pm from Monday-Friday, for a total of 25 hours per week, throughout the Summer Cycle. Youth earn $15 per hour and are paid every two weeks throughout the program. We have a total of 30 slots this upcoming cycle, so space in our program is competitive.

We invite you to share this opportunity with youth and families in your programs and networks. We encourage you to target the South End/Lower Roxbury population, but please keep in mind that any youth between 14-18 years old who is a City of Boston resident can apply. Attached, you will find a flier to help spread the word - please feel free to share on your social media and amongst your personal networks.

Again, thank you all for your support! Let's continue to build a better future for our youth and community members. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments or concerns you may have.

Warmly,

Sandra and the Youth Development Program Team

Sandra Soto

Director, Youth Development Programs

2 San Juan St., Boston, MA 02118

Tel: (617) 535-1725  I  Fax: (857) 327-9162

san...@ibaboston.org  I  www.ibaboston.org

YDP Flyer.JPG