REMINDER: White Stadium Listening Session -- TONIGHT

Rodney Singleton

Mar 25, 2024, 12:38:56 PMMar 25
to Highland Park Neighborhood Watch, Highlandparkboston, HPNCSteeringCommittee, HPCLT Board, Boston District7 Advisory Council, Highland Park Neighborhood Coalition Secretary, Secretary, Elena Duncan, Tania Anderson, Miranda Liz (SEN), Rep. Chynah Tyler, Julia Mejia, brian....@boston.gov, Worrell, Christopher - Rep. (HOU), ruthzee....@boston.gov, erin....@boston.gov, henry....@boston.gov, enriqu...@boston.gov

************IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING WHITE STADIUM**********

Dear community members,

We’re writing to provide some updates on the White Stadium renovation project and upcoming public meetings.

Firstly, we are pleased to inform you that the judge has denied the plaintiffs' Motion for Temporary Restraining Order and Preliminary Injunctions. This development allows our project team to proceed with refining the design and plans for the renovated stadium. We are thrilled to move forward by collaborating with you to address any remaining concerns and further refine the stadium's design.

A newly-renovated White Stadium will more than triple the hours BPS can use the Stadium’s playing field and track. And with professional management, the Stadium will be open for more early morning and evening hours each day, greatly expanding the hours of general public access to the Stadium. The Stadium’s public restrooms will serve all Franklin Park visitors.

We will be in touch about dates for upcoming workshops where we will provide updates on the design and transportation plans for the renovation based on past community feedback and continue gathering input.

In the meantime, we invite you to join us at a White Stadium community listening session hosted by Representative Worrell,  Representative Montaño, Representative Liz Miranda, Councilor Fernandes Anderson, and Councilor Weber. Here is a flier about the event you can share.

Date/Time: Monday, March 25th, 6pm - 7:30pm

Location: William Monroe Trotter School Auditorium (135 Humboldt Ave. Roxbury)

The hosts invited the project team to give a presentation followed by a community Q&A session. We kindly ask that you save the date to problem-solve remaining issues together and show your support for advancing the project.

As always, please reach out if you have any questions.

White Stadium Project Team