Donations

HYCC Roxbury

Jul 25, 2021, 3:16:50 PM7/25/21
to highland-park-ne...@googlegroups.com, highlandp...@googlegroups.com, highland-park-...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon,

I hope everyone is enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon.  I am reaching to let everyone know that HYCC is not able to accept drop off donations.  As you can see from the attached picture, someone dropped off two bags of blankets.  While it was a nice gesture, we will not be able to pass these along to anyone. They were left in very thin bags and are now wet.  If someone would like them please feel free to pick them up.  Otherwise, they will be disposed of. HYCC, 9 Fulda Street, Roxbury

At times we will request a specific donation from the neighborhood. Those requests are intentional and we know that the paper bags or other times will be used immediately.

Thank you,
Doris
HYCC
Resized_20210725_141718.jpeg

Erika Shira

Jul 25, 2021, 3:38:21 PM7/25/21
to HYCC Roxbury, Highland Park Neighborhood Watch, Highlandparkboston, Highland Park Family Network
I unfortunately am working and cannot transport these items today, but Animal Rescue League will take blankets and sheets:

Maybe someone on this list is headed that way and could take the items there? They are open until 6:30 today. I can ask on Zero Waste Boston too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 Erika Shira, MA, MT-BC, LMHC
 [anything]@erikashira.com
 www.erikashira.com
 617.650.1810

HYCC Roxbury

Jul 25, 2021, 9:29:55 PM7/25/21
to Erika Shira, Highland Park Neighborhood Watch, Highlandparkboston, Highland Park Family Network
Update:  Someone picked up the blankets and they will be used at a local homeless shelter (after being washed).

Erika, Thank you for your suggestion.  I did reach out to the Animal Rescue League, however their driver was not available today.

Have a nice evening.

HYCC