Advanced Cell Classifier

Horvath Peter

Aug 3, 2009, 3:07:48 PM8/3/09
to highc...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I am newbie on the list and happy to join. I am working in Zurich ETH
RNAi Image-based Screening Center as a computer scientist.

I would like to propose you the open-source program I am working on. The
program is called Advanced Cell Classifier (ACC) and designed to easier
analyze HCS data using machine learning techniques. For more information
you can see: http://acc.ethz.ch or you can write me an email.

Have a nice day,
Peter

Peter Horvath, Ph.D.
Light Microscopy Centre
ETH Zurich
m: peter....@lmc.biol.ethz.ch
w: http://www.lmc.ethz.ch/People/PeterHorvath
w: http://acc.ethz.ch
t: +41 44 633 34 94 / +36 70 7087590

Jonny Sexton

Aug 4, 2009, 2:57:45 PM8/4/09
to High Content Imaging
Hi Peter,

Looks interesting.

Are you using a support vector machine for the classification?

Best,

Jonny

Jonathan Z. Sexton, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor
Biomanufacturing Research Institute and Technology Enterprise (BRITE)
North Carolina Central University
http://brite.nccu.edu, jse...@nccu.edu, 919-530-6251

On Aug 3, 3:07 pm, "Horvath Peter" <peter.horv...@lmc.biol.ethz.ch>
wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am newbie on the list and happy to join. I am working in Zurich ETH
> RNAi Image-based Screening Center as a computer scientist.
>
> I would like to propose you the open-source program I am working on. The
> program is called Advanced Cell Classifier (ACC) and designed to easier
> analyze HCS data using machine learning techniques. For more information
> you can see:  http://acc.ethz.chor you can write me an email.
>
> Have a nice day,
> Peter
>
> Peter Horvath, Ph.D.
> Light Microscopy Centre
> ETH Zurich
> m: peter.horv...@lmc.biol.ethz.ch

Horvath Peter

Aug 4, 2009, 3:04:50 PM8/4/09
to highc...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jonny,

Thanks. As default I use the built in Matlab neural network since this performs well and fast, but from the beginning I built in the libSVM package which works also fine but not as good as NN. Since a while I also integrated WEKA, which offers around 40-50 different classifier and surprisingly (or maybe not :) ), there are few which gives really excellent result (I would emphasize the random tree classifier family and few boosting algorithms). Right now I am working on a function which helps to automatically choose the best method for the given data set.

Cheers,
Peter

Peter Horvath, Ph.D.
Light Microscopy Centre
ETH Zurich
m: peter....@lmc.biol.ethz.ch

Jonny Sexton

Aug 6, 2009, 9:53:29 AM8/6/09
to High Content Imaging
Hi Peter,

I have a very subtle phenotype that I am trying to characterize, and
have a good training set from a dose-response of a particular
compound. I have been using a partial least squares regression
against the dose-response to characterize the change in phenotype and
then transform the screening data, but I would be interested to see if
the NN can be trained to identify hits automatically.

What version of Matlab does your software use? How can we try it out?