What high content imaging system should my organization purchase?

highc...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2008, 5:38:09 PM10/22/08
to High Content Imaging
What high content imaging system should my organization purchase?
This is one of the most popular questions from users across the
world. Of course detailed thought goes into the decision making
process and to help start off the discussion I have broken down some
of the components to look at when purchasing these very expensive
systems in no particular order, that depends on the buyer.
(1) Hardware components (optics, light source, camera or PMT, robotics
if applicable, etc)
(2) Software GUI
(3) Image analysis (canned algorithms & flexibility to create own);
image format structure
(4) Database type & management of images & data; archiving & retrieval
(5) Customer service; consider location of FSE!
(6) Instrument placements & end-user feedback about the reliability,
service, easy of use, does it perform as advertised, etc.

There are other points to consider and hope those that use this group
contribute.

Thank you.
Joe Trask