Call For Makers for the Ann Arbor Mini Maker Faire 2014

1 view

Michael P. Flaga

Apr 1, 2014, 12:26:57 PM4/1/14
to Lansing Makers Network, High Impedance Air Gap

http://a2makerfaire.wordpress.com/call-for-makers/

The Ann Arbor Mini Maker Faire is now accepting entries for the Faire set for Saturday, May 10, 2014, at the Washtenaw Community College Morris Lawrence Building. We’re looking forward to reviewing your application!

There is no cost to exhibit at the Faire.

Deadline for entries:  Wednesday, April 16. Please enter as early as you can so we can hold a space for you.

Notification of acceptance will be on a rolling basis.

Ann Arbor Mini Maker Faire 2014: Saturday May 10, 2014, 10 AM – 5 PM.

What we are looking for

  • Robotics, CNC
  • Green Tech (energy production/monitoring, electric vehicles, etc)
  • DIY Science
  • Participatory activities (e.g., participatory activities such as silk screening or learn to solder, “Make and Takes”)
  • Student projects
  • Radio
  • Rocketry/ballooning
  • Unusual tools, machines, techniques
  • Whimsical technical creations
  • Fixing and/or taking things apart

Visitors want to learn something, so just as important as your exhibit will be your presence, explaining how you did what you did.

We are not looking for arts and crafts that people could see in other venues. But an oil painting by a robot painter, for example, will catch our eye.

See the Exhibitor Packet (see below) for the policy on sales. Basically, the main purpose of your exhibit should not be sales.

How to Apply

Review the Exhibitor Manual. This contains a wealth of information about the Faire, and will give you a better idea of what types of activities and exhibits will work well.

Submit an Exhibitor Application Form that tells about your activity or exhibit. We’ll ask for a description that we can publish, a representative photo we can publish, and contact information for the public to use (websites, email).

Exhibitor Application Form

If you have any questions about exhibiting at the Ann Arbor Mini Maker Faire, please contact us at by email.

Other ways to participate

Volunteers: We really appreciate volunteers! If you are interested in helping out, please let us know!

We look forward to seeing you at this year’s Faire!

Greg, Thea, Emily, Dale, Tom

The Draft 2014 Ann Arbor Mini Maker Faire Exhibitor Manual.

Michael P. Flaga, mic...@flaga.net