Lansing Community College Cafe Scientifique: The Maker Revolution

Melissa S. Quon Huber

Oct 12, 2013, 10:52:43 PM10/12/13
to high-impeda...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone is interested in attending or sharing with others:

Source: http://www.lcc.edu/science/cafe_scientifique.aspx

Cafe Scientifique

cafe scientifique

You are cordially invited to come and chat with a scientist about an interesting and/or controversial science topic.  Patterned after the International Cafe Scientifique, the Science Department has initiated an outreach program to promote public interest in science.
Our goal is simply to have regularly scheduled sessions for informal discussions of scientific topics.

Schuler Books - Eastwood Towne Center
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 7:00 p.m.

Scientific American, Forbes, the Wall Street Journal and the Economist have all reported in the past year that the Maker revolution is poised for growth and economic impact today comparable to the personal computer revolution of the 1970's.  What is the Maker Revolution?  Who are the local revolutionaries and how will these new technologies affect our daily lives and our ability to create new business opportunities?  How can the Maker Revolution inspire our children to pursue their studies to join the revolution?  Come and learn what the tools of making, the institutions supporting makers and the future of making will be in the decades to come.  Dr. Thomas Deits will be our presenter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melissa S. Quon Huber, Ph.D.
University Outreach and Engagement
219 S. Harrison Ave.
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824

3340 Gingersnap Lane * Lansing, MI 48911 * 517-394-3996

3340 Gingersnap Lane * Lansing, MI 48911 * 517-394-3996

General Gamble

Feb 5, 2014, 3:43:22 PM2/5/14
to high-impeda...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations btw.