Spherical joints and time stepping

Peter Greaves

Nov 19, 2014, 8:50:46 AM11/19/14
to hifi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd like to use GEBT to model a wind turbine. To do this, I will need to do two things which I am not sure if GEBT does:
  • Create spherical joints between bodies (eg. rotor end of the main shaft and the nacelle, and generator end of main shaft and the nacelle to create a revolute joint). To do this, two nodes are created that are coincident in space and their translations are kept the same by using Lagrange multipliers.
  • Create rigid joints between bodies, eg. between the main shaft and the rotor blades.
  • Use the information about position and velocity of the nodes in an external subroutine which calculates aerodynamic loading for the next time step, then calculate the next time step using Analysis.dll
  • Model structural damping as a linear combination of the mass and stiffness matrices (Rayleigh damping)
I've tried to figure some of this stuff out from the source code, but I'm not really a Fortran guy! Can anyone let me know if the code will do these things?

Thanks,

Pete

AnalySwift

Nov 20, 2014, 11:29:01 AM11/20/14
to hifi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pete, please ask question inside the SwiftComp on cdmHUB.org instead.