Shape functions and error installing vamuch

d.bern

Mar 19, 2013, 7:18:23 AM3/19/13
to hifi...@googlegroups.com
Abstract of a conversation with yuwb:

Question(d.bern):
Here is David from GermanyI have a question about the form of the shape
function matrix:Is it correct, that the shape function matrix is (for
2D-case) a 2x2 diagonal matrix filled with the following shape functions
for triangle elements?
S_11(y) = u_1(y) = a_1 + a_2 y_1 + a_3 y_2
S_22(y) = u_2(y) = a_4 + a_5 y_1 + a_6 y_2

Reply(yuwb):
Is it difficult for me to understand what you are trying to do? You can
use  the corresponding shape functions for any standard elements ( tria
or quad) which can find in any standard finite element textbook. Have you
been able to get VAMUCH run on your machine?

Question(d.bern):
The question is, whether the shape-function-matrix is a diagonal matrix.
For the example of tria elements I asked, if I understood the form of the
S-matrix in the right way.

VAMUCH does not run at any of the machines that I am able to use.

Reply(yuwb):
That is strange. Can you tell me what is the error message VAMUCH gives
you? If you have a multiple dofs per each node, then the shap function
matrix should not be a diagonal matrix.

Question(d.bern):
The Problem with VAMUCH is this:
I followed the VAMUCH-Installation-instruction (DOS command in Windows):error from "Sentinel HASP Protection System""Unable to access Sentinel Run-time-Enviroment (H0033)"Maybe its a license problem? If yes, I did not receive the necessary file...

Thanks for your help with the shape function matrix. I found it, implemented and tested all substeps, but without success, the results are far away from the right ones. I appended (pdf) the used shape function matrix for tria elements. Do we talk about the same shape funktion matrix?
(not yet answered)

Reply(yuwb):
There is a readme file telling you to install the run-time-environment first.
Request_from_dbern_to_yuwb.pdf

d.bern

Mar 21, 2013, 12:36:15 PM3/21/13
to hifi...@googlegroups.com
hey,

could not find a text-file telling me to install the run-time-enviroment.
Installed Sentinal run-time-enviroment, now theres the following error from Sentinal HASP Protection System:
"Sentinel key not found (H0007)"

Where can I find the protection key?

Would it be possible to answer the red question of the upper post?

Thanks and Greetings,
d.bern