VABS error

Yifen Zhou

Feb 1, 2013, 8:40:44 AM2/1/13
to hifi...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run a VABS input (rectangular section: which is generated by the Pre-VABS), but the following error has appeared (The Pre-VABS input and VABS inputs are attached):

 Error Message

 Something wrong with the mesh. The Jacobian of element           3 is less than zero.

Could anyone tell us why this happened and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Yifen

Rectangular section example.zip

Wenbin Yu

Feb 1, 2013, 10:37:32 AM2/1/13
to yifen...@altran.com, hifi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Yifen,

As far as I know PreVABS cannot be used to prepare VABS inputs for a rectangular section. It must be in a shape of airfoil shape. Dr. Hui Chen, the author of PreVABS is relocating to the east. He shall answer your question in more details once he gets some time. We are developing a more general-purpose preprocessor which can be used for any geometry shape.

Wenbin Yu

Yifen Zhou

Feb 4, 2013, 4:08:06 AM2/4/13
to hifi...@googlegroups.com, yifen...@altran.com

Dear Wenbin,

It is not exactly a rectangular cross-section, I had added additional points to smooth out the profile, so I can run the input by PreVABS. Then I tried to run it (with the forces reactions) by VABS but the error mentioned appeared. Could please tell us why this happened and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Yifen