Hieroglyph 0.7 released (Sphinx 1.3 compatibility)

Nathan Yergler

Mar 16, 2015, 10:31:08 PM3/16/15
to hierogly...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hieroglyphics,

Earlier today I tagged the Hieroglyph 0.7 release and uploaded it to PyPI. If you're using Sphinx 1.3 (release last week), you should upgrade; 0.6.5 is incompatible.

You can install it by running:

$ pip install --upgrade hieroglyph

or

$ easy_install --upgrade hieroglyph

Hieroglyph 0.7 comes a year after 0.6.5 (eep!) and includes a host of improvements and changes. Notably:

* Themes have been reworked to make it easier to swap out individual portions of the template.
* Incremental builds are more powerful using build-item-* classes
* Titles with embedded markup are properly handled w/ the nextslide directive
* And many more under the hood bug fixes and improvements.

There's also a new theme, slides2. slides2 utilizes the updated HTML & CSS from Google, and has a greater degree of built-in styling. You can see it (and many other new 0.7 features) in action at http://presentotron.com/nyergler/pdb/. slides2 is considerably different from existing themes, and some features may not be completely there yet; give it a try and let me know what you think.

As always, bugs, pull requests, etc, can be opened in the github project (http://github.com/nyergler/hieroglyph).

Cheers,

NRY