Choosing bin settings

Elena Del Pup

Nov 21, 2022, 7:27:21 PM11/21/22
to HiC-Pro
Hi,

I want to run HiC-Pro to detect interactions at single gene level.
I am writing in the case anybody in this group has good advice on how to choose the binning level.
I am doing metanalysis on other published data. How to approach the choice of a reasonable minimum limit of binning level?

Also, I often see more bin dimensions be used in studies, including in the default config. Can I also use a single bin dimension instead of multiple?

If you have some recommendation on best practices for binning Hi-C data that is very welcome.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Elena Del Pup